Every company has a story. Ours started by observing untapped space on the walls of our homes…and then turned into something so, so much bigger.
Having borne witness to “digital” reshaping every facet of our lives, we marvel at the possibilities and have dedicated years to the pursuit of a visual and auditory experience that goes way beyond our smart phones, tablets, and TVs. Since the invention of the motion picture, no one has created such captivating ways to enjoy content from an entirely different perspective… until now.
We’re the inventors of a new way for customers at home to experience digital stuff, and for brands at large to display their digital stuff (in really large format). What’s behind the transformative experiences we create through imagery you ask? It’s our technology platform.
At VIDERI, we build ground-breaking hardware, write state-of-the-art software, and curate (and create) something-for-everyone content. We’re changing the walls of places where we work, play, eat, shop, relax, and live.
Literally, and figuratively. It’s often said that products that challenge the status quo need to be seen to be believed. This is worth seeing.
About the role
We are looking for an IT Manager for our Montreal team, reporting to the Executive Vice President of Technology.
You will work in both an operations role supporting the IT infrastructure of the Videri Montreal office ranging from ensuring availability of network infrastructure for the team as well as managing the development, QA and management workstations from purchasing, maintenance and backup policy perspective.
In addition, you will work with the operations group to assist in site surveys, diagnostics and root cause analysis of network and systems failures in the field installations of Videri’s enterprise products.
What you’ll do
- Lead development and enforce IT policies as set forth by the management team ranging from backup, password, security and other IT policies according to best practices
- Maintenance and ownership of Videri Montreal’s IT infrastructure from wireless setup to workstation management maintaining archive and backup of servers
- Manage accounts, server access and control and user management for AWS, LDAP and other critical internal IT systems.
- Manage all aspects of IT purchasing, repair, support and RMA for Videri’s Montreal office. This includes the definition of equipment standards
- Prepare and manage SOC 2 security certifications for Videri service cloud (AWS).
- Work with LiveOps team to:
- Perform site surveys in preparation for installation of Videri’s product at customer locations. This may involve travel to client locations from time to time for deeper analysis. A valid passport for travel to USA and EU is required.
- Perform root cause analysis and provide recommendations related to deployment issues of Videri products at customer sites.
- Create and maintain network and security best practices and troubleshooting guidelines for deployment of Videri products at customer sites.
- Provide technical guidance related to networking and network/cloud security to the development team as part of product specifications.
What you’ll need
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in IT or relevant experience
- Computer Science degree or relevant diploma
- Proven experience of installation and maintenance of Cisco Meraki or similar enterprise grade routers and wireless access points
- Thorough knowledge of IP/TCP/UDP, DHCP, DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, Telnet, ssh, ICMP, VLAN, bridge groups and 802.11 wireless protocol from a practical standpoint up to and including best practices for installation and performance optimization
- Practical knowledge of Linux, Office365admin, Directory Services administration, ESXi 6.5 and Dos and Shell scripting is required
- Cisco certification, AWS administration experience and ability to use Wireshark, iPerf and similar tools to perform network performance analysis are desirable
- Knowledge of Linux, Directory Services administration and ESXi 6.5 is an asset
- Perfectly bilingual French / English
- Great mentorship and start-up company culture
- Fun office space located near Metro Charlevoix and near the Lachine canal; our offices are open planned with large windows in Montreal’s biggest brick building
- Lots of fun team building events throughout the year
- Annual budget to be spent on learning and training
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and performance
- Medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Kitchen always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
If this speaks to you, please apply. Experience is transferable from many different skills and backgrounds, and your passion and enthusiasm are what will set you apart. We’re an open and inclusive organization dedicated to diversity and fair hiring practices.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Information Technology: 5 years (Preferred)
- IT Management: 5 years (Preferred)