New Horizon Basketball Academy is a youth basketball organization with programs running in the areas of Markham & Whitby. We seek to create a fun environment while providing quality programming for youths taught by former professional & National team basketball players. Through the game of basketball, our coaches are dedicated with guiding our players to find their own leadership and self-expression.
We provide a professional, social, supportive, and inclusive environment for our coaching team. Our organization values the self-growth of our coaches and we will provide any support needed for coaches to reach their individual goals. We also provide leadership and mentorship for coaches that are looking to pursue coaching more seriously in their future.
Whether coaching & teaching basketball is an area you want to pursue seriously or a passion job on the side, we will provide you the environment you need in order to succeed. We are flexible with our coaches and we value your needs.
Our work environment includes:
- Growth opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Safe work environment
We're looking for a motivated & enthusiastic coaches to work with our young players that range anywhere from 5 years old to 13 years old. The duties of a coach will include organizing practices, planning strategy and helping players improve their skills and knowledge of the game. This is a great opportunity for a dedicated Coach to work closely with our student athletes and make a difference in their lives.
- Inspire confidence, character, teamwork, and leadership in all basketball players.
- Motivate players to maximize effort and contribute to the team as best they can.
- Develop strategy/teaching lesson for each skills session.
- Set up equipment.
- Ensuring that the gym space is tidy after each skills sessions.
- Engaging with players to ensure they are understanding the game of basketball properly.
- Providing and executing a lesson plan each week to help develop the skills of young players.
We run various programs throughout Markham & Whitby. Coaches are expected to be travelling to various locations during the week, based on the area that is convenient for the individual.
This will vary based on the experience of the individual. Pay will be discussed. There will be room for growth as well.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 11 - 20 per week
Salary: $17.00-$45.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Markham, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: One location