IMAGINE a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From boardroom to bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care. At North York General Hospital (NYGH), we put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centered care. and as one of Canada's leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research and innovation. As part of our dynamic team, you too can stand out and be amazing! At NYGH, our team is making a world of difference. NYGH has recently been ranked the #2 Hospital in Canada by Newsweek.
Executive Assistant, VP
Your goal in this position is to represent the Administration office in a professional and customer focused manner, and to provide a full range of administrative support to the daily activities of the Vice President, Strategy, Integration and Digital Health and the Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer. Utilizing a broad-based knowledge of NYGH policies, administrative practices and procedures, you will manage a variable and broad range of administrative activities, manage relationships with both internal and external contacts, handle complaints, and resolve administrative issues. You will have effective written and verbal communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills. You will embrace the challenge of prioritizing work demands in a fast paced and stressful environment. This position supports the hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
On a practical level, you will
- Provide administrative support to the daily activities of the Vice Presidents
- Be responsible for effectively managing the Vice Presidents’ schedules, which includes scheduling, foreseeing conflicts and developing solutions
- Support the Vice Presidents by prioritizing work to ensure deadlines are consistently met
- Be responsible for the timely processing of correspondence
- Handle a wide variety of inquiries and apply judgment in responding to inquiries autonomously
- Organize and maintain electronic and/or paper file management retrieval systems, including archiving correspondence and corporate documents
- Proactively identify requirements and prepare complex documents, presentations, databases, reports, spreadsheets, notices, using a variety of software programs with minimal direction
- Be responsible for ordering and maintaining the general office supplies
- Assist in coordinating events and meetings such as Board and Annual meetings
- Take minutes at meetings as required
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
- College diploma/certificate or university degree in Administration or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years in a senior executive assistant position in a fast-paced, customer focused environment; preferably at the executive level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook, etc.)
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Proficiency in minute-taking, with the ability to write clear, concise and accurate minutes
- Excellent spelling, grammatical and typing skills
- Confident working under pressure in a fast-paced office with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with the public, Board Members, Government Officials, external stakeholders and Hospital staff at all levels
- Attention to detail and resourceful
- Experience in presentation preparation, building draft presentations based on high level instruction without immediate and constant supervision.
- Ability to work in an independent and self-directed manner
- Demonstrated discretion, tact and diplomacy, to maintain confidentiality, and respect for privacy
- Strong knowledge of general office practices, procedures and standards
- Bilingualism in French/English an asset
What We Offer
Working at NYGH This is a full-time regular position with 75 hours bi-weekly, days, Monday to Friday. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that includes benefits, pension, and vacation. If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
How to Apply
Think you're the right person for the job? Here's your first chance to show us why:
Ensure to meet the deadline - only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.