We are seeking enthusiastic and talented swim coaches for the 2023-2024 season! Positions available with all ages from 6-adult.
The Halifax Trojan Aquatic Club has been developing lifelong swimmers for over 50 years. Our membership is approximately 250 swimmers with a Masters group of 40 and 210 age group swimmers competing at the Novatech, AA, AAA, Regional and National levels. (Learn more at htac.ca)
We are seeking passionate team players who are eager to learn, share knowledge, work diligently, and grow as coaches in a collaborative setting. We expect a positive, enthusiastic, and respectful attitude so you can get the most out of our team and so you can be positive role models for our athletes. You are motivated by the ability to grow as a coach while teaching proper stroke techniques, racing skills, athlete development, and promoting physical and mental well-being as you help our swimmers realize their full potential.
- Flexible work arrangements - we are used to working around school and work schedules!
- Commitment to professional development and mental performance coaching
- Competitive wages
- Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Main Pool - Dalplex on campus at Dalhousie University
- Other Pools - Centennial Pool and Needham Recreational Centre (both in downtown Halifax)
- Availability to coach early mornings, late afternoons and weekends.
- Availability to attend swim meets as required, including out-of-town travel.
- Cultivate a positive, engaging, and fun learning environment that promotes the growth and retention of our athletes. Provide regular feedback and guidance to swimmers during training sessions.
- Serve as a positive role model for our club's youth, embodying the values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and sporting ethics within a safe and inclusive environment.
- Embrace a mindset of continuous learning and engage in ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Participate in regular staff meetings with the Head Coach and other coaches.
- Establish positive and professional relationships with swimmers, parents, and fellow coaches.
- Contribute to all team functions, including parties and events, as directed by the Head Coach.
- Adhere to all policies, including those set forth by HTAC, Swim Nova Scotia, Swim Canada, and any facilities where we participate.
- Ideally, 1-3 years of experience in swimming coaching.
- Minimum NCCP Level 1 certification or willingness to obtain it promptly.
- NLS (National Lifeguard Service) certification and current CPR C and First Aid certifications are assets.
- Successful completion of appropriate background checks, including Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Salary: $15.00-$18.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS B3H 1T8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you available to work early mornings, evenings and weekends?
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-20