One-Way Automation, Edmonton based private company providing custom software design and development services with specialization in OPC UA and C/C++, looking for candidates to work on next generation industrial automation and IIoT software development projects:
- Data communication middleware applications utilizing OPC UA;
- Embedded OPC UA Servers;
- SCADA/HMI applications.
- Web based GUI to configure those applications.
Infrastructure, methodologies and tools used by the team:
- Project management: Atlassian Jira and Confluence;
- Programming languages:
- For embedded applications: C or C+;
- Backend services (REST and others): C++ or C#;
- Desktop applications: C++ with Qt;
- Some Python, Bash, Windows batch scripting.
- Development environment:
- IDE: Microsoft Visual Studio 2017, 2015, with Visual GDB extension;
- Version Control System: Git based (GitLab);
- Unit testing frameworks: Catch2 or googletest for C++ code; NUnit for C# code;
- Automated nightly build and continuous build: TeamCity;
- Virtualization tools: Hyper-V and VirtualBox;
- Remote communication and collaboration tools: Skype for Business, TeamViewer;
- Expertise on most of the listed above technologies;
- C++ or C is a must to have;
- Experience on architecture, design, development and unit testing of industrial automation client-server applications (examples: OPC UA Servers/Clients, embedded software; real time applications; HMI, SCADA, communication applications; device drivers; historians);
- Experience on OPC UA is highly desirable (you can read some information about OPC UA at the OPC Foundation web site: opcfoundation.org)
- Experience on industrial communication protocols such as Modbus, Siemens S5/S7 etc. is desirable.
- Portfolio of completed commercial software development projects.
Education: University degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field.
Expected duration of contracts varies depending on projects, from a few months to a year and longer.
Work from your home office.
Job Type: Contract
- C++: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Edmonton, AB (Preferred)