Research Assistant – Full-time
The Meaney Lab
Dr. Meaney’s laboratory at the Douglas Research Institute of McGill University focuses on translational research that examines environmental influence on epigenetics, gene function, and behaviour related to mental health. We are a dynamic environment with multiple post-doctoral fellows, graduate students, technicians, and research associates from diverse research backgrounds. We offer an enriching experience in multiple research projects with opportunities for both academic and professional development.
We are looking for a knowledgeable candidate to assist in processing brain imaging data. Under supervision of Dr. Meaney’s Imaging Project Coordinator, this individual will be responsible for running established pipelines to process, validate, and document quality control reports of imaging data acquired primarily from rodent animal models. Day-to-day tasks include but are not limited to using tools for structural morphometry, resting-state functional connectivity, diffusion tensor imaging (DTI), and MR image acquisition. This individual will also work with members of Dr. Pedro Rosa-Neto’s Translational Neuroimaging Laboratory at the McGill University Research Centre for Studies in Aging (MCSA) located at the Douglas Research Institute. The candidate will also have the opportunity to participate in weekly lab meetings, attend relevant conferences, and contribute to the publication of academic papers.
Requirements / Experience
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (neuroscience, computer science, etc.)
- Unix/Linux computer environment
- Practice with shell commands, scripting, and understanding of basic programming
- Excellent communication skills in English
- familiarity with MR imaging modalities; structural, functional, diffusion tensor, etc.
- proficiency with related software: Ex. MINC-toolkit, ANTs registration, GIFT toolbox (ICA), MATLAB, etc.
- neuroanatomy and regional segmentation competency
- Statistics (SPSS, Prism/Graphpad, etc.)
*Salary will be in accordance with entry-level standards.
*Only candidates that are being considered for the position will be contacted.
To apply, please send a cover letter, an academic CV, and contact details (Name, phone number, & email address).
Thank you for your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent