SIRCH is a charitable organization in Haliburton County. We have many community initiatives designed to meet gaps in community services (please visit our website to gain a full picture: www.sirch.on.ca).
Thrift Warehouse is a donation centre and retail store in both Bancroft and Haliburton. They are social enterprises run by SIRCH Community Services, a charitable organization. The Warehouses receive donations of household goods, furniture, lighting, sports equipment, books, clothing (Bancroft only), and much more. The donations are sorted, priced and put out in the store for resale. It provides gently used goods at low prices (including some unique antiques and other one-of-a-kind items), diverts from landfills, creates employment and training opportunities, and any profits are re-invested into SIRCH’s community programs.
Reports to: Store Lead
Work stations: Sales floor/Bay area
Working under the direction of the Store Co-Leads, the TWRA may be asked to do a variety of tasks:
- Sanitizing donated goods
- Sorting and cleaning
- Testing electronics
- Putting new items on the floor
- Assisting with cash
- Customer service
- Runs to local landfill
- Screening and accepting donations
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Must be physically fit, able to lift 30 lbs.
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Having a G2 license and your own vehicle an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $15.50-$16.50 per hour
Covid-19 protocols are strictly adhered to for the safety of staff and clients.
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- warehouse worker: 1 year (preferred)