The Thermal Spray Operator will work in the HVOF (High Velocity Oxygen Fuel) area of Westpower and prepare, spray and finish a variety of parts and components.
Education, Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- Must be able to read and understand written planning and follow verbal instructions.
- Previous Manufacturing experience.
- Welding experience
- Computer literacy
- Previous operating and programming of thermal spray equipment (i.e. Sulzer Metco) an asset
- Reading and interpreting of blue prints and coating specifications an asset
- Operating a cylindrical grinding equipment or production robots an asset
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up thermal spray tools including selecting the appropriate fixture and identifying the proper spray schedule; performs daily qualification test; Identifies and resolves problems with thermal spray equipment, masking and fixtures.
- Performs minor and preventative maintenance on all thermal spray support equipment.
- Carrying out tests and trial coatings for development/implementation and process stability testing purpose
- Programming of the thermal spray equipment
- Preparation of components and equipment before process start (blasting / masking / preheat)
- Visual inspection and measurement of coating parameters as per specification
- Preparation of parts for spray: masking, blasting, etc.
- Removal of coating overspray and masking residues
- Quality check of the performed work before operation step confirmation
- Preparation/confirmation of the required quality documentation
- Keeping the working environment and machines in a clean and proper condition
- Handling installation fixtures and measurement equipment needed for operation
- Able to work overtime as needed. Good attendance is required.
- Any other job related and support activity duties as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Industrial Painting: 1 year (preferred)
- manufacturing environment: 1 year (preferred)