Who we are:
CWA Engineers Inc. is a privately-owned consulting engineering firm that services the resource and industrial sector throughout Canada, the US, and internationally. We are growing in a diverse range of industries, including mining and minerals processing, ports and terminals, construction aggregates, engineered wood products, pulp and paper, petrochemicals, municipal infrastructure, and utilities. We have a multitude of interesting and exciting projects in progress and in the pipeline, which are providing our team of Professionals many opportunities for growth, career development, and learning.
At CWA, we embrace new technologies and ideas to foster a culture of innovation, excellence, and continuous improvement. We welcome fresh perspectives on workflows and novel methodologies in design engineering as well as project management to provide value to our customers. Our context-based approach to projects is received as a competitive advantage of working with CWA.
CWA provides a flexible work-life schedule with programs such as the Earned Day Off (EDO) program that provides 17 earned days off each year in addition to vacation time. Our schedules are flexible around core hours, and we provide staff with flexibility options to work from home or in the office. We also provide an industry leading extended health benefits package.
CWA hosts annual internal innovation competitions, regular in-house continuing education sessions, as well as participating in intramural sports and after-work activities. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we have moved our internal innovation competitions and education sessions to a virtual setting and we anticipate intramural sports and after-work activities to resume once it is safe to do so again.
CWA’s Vancouver office is located at the Broadway Tech Centre on the corner of Broadway and Renfrew, with convenient access to the Renfrew SkyTrain Station and designated bike routes. The Broadway Tech Centre has an array of amenities, including a fitness centre, basketball and volleyball courts, an outdoor BBQ area, restaurants, cafés, bike lockers, underground parking, and a daycare facility.
CWA’s team-oriented culture is unique and well suited to the diverse and bustling seaport of Vancouver and the extensive professional opportunity it provides. Coupled with the benefits to support a healthy lifestyle, CWA prides itself on long-term retention of our staff.
We are currently growing our team and searching for talented and ambitious professionals. If your goal is to join a growing, dynamic, engaging, and progressive company, we invite you to submit an application.
With our expanding client base and growing project needs, CWA is looking for a qualified individual to fill the position of ELECTRICAL ENGINEER.
As an integral member of our Electrical team, you will use strong analytical and organization skills, to approach problems from a first principals’ perspective and deliver with great attention to detail.
Duties and responsibilities:
This position will involve the following:
- Design and oversee the development of electrical drawings including single line diagrams, equipment layouts, lighting layouts, conduit and cable tray layouts, motor/VFD control schematics, grounding layouts, block diagrams, cable schedules, lighting panel schedules, electrical equipment installation details, etc.
- Prepare electrical & control building layouts.
- Prepare PLC panel architecture drawings and I/O lists.
- Prepare project proposals and cost estimates, and equipment specifications.
- Produce specifications and bid documents for purchases including but not limited to electrical & control buildings, switchgear, MCC, VFD, power transformer, genset, UPS, etc. and perform bid evaluations.
- Coordinate among suppliers, clients, contractors, and other disciplines.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and characteristics:
- A minimum of 8 years experience in electrical and power systems design, cost estimating, coordination, supervision to junior team members, on-site commissioning support for light and heavy industry with emphasis in one or more of these industry sectors - mining facilities, ports and terminals, oil and gas facilities, municipal, and utilities
- A Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering and registration as a professional engineer with EGBC
- Experience with low voltage to medium voltage system design in a plant setting, switchgear and MCC design, power distribution, cable tray layouts, motor and VFD controls, gensets, lighting, grounding, fire alarm systems, relays/breakers/VFDs settings, etc.
- Knowledge of PLC systems.
- A good command of Canadian Electrical Code, Part I.
- Familiarity with the BC Building Code.
- A sound knowledge of MS office.
- Experience with load flow studies, short circuit studies, arc flash, and harmonics studies using EasyPower (or SKM Power Tools/ETAP) will be considered an asset.
- The ability to provide direction and leadership to junior engineers and designers.
- A demonstrated ability to liaise with internal staff, clients, contractors, and consultants.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Independent and self driven and an excellent team member with strong attention to detail.
This is an ideal opportunity for a professional who is driven to take his or her career to the next level through involvement in unique and innovative projects and by assuming new challenges in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment.
If what we have outlined above matches your profile, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your application to the following location:
Please submit your application in .pdf format with the subject line as follows:
Electrical Engineer – Full Name.
We thank you in advance for your interest and effort in applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Electrical Design: 8 years (preferred)