We are currently recruiting for Support Workers in St.Amant's Community Residential Program.
- Assist people to develop meaningful relationships with family, friends and others in their community.
- Support people to plan and attend recreational activities of interest in the community.
- Encourage people to make their own decisions by providing information and appropriate resources.
- Assist people in identifying life goals and supporting them to achieve those goals.
- Provide support to people through challenging or crisis situations that may arise.
- Support people to achieve their best possible health by following clinical plans, administering medications and assisting them to medical appointments if need be.
- Support people to maintain their home by assisting with household tasks and meal preparation.
- Support people in a respectful and dignified manner with all aspects of care that may be required for that person.
Other responsibilities and duties may be required of a Support Worker as the role is diverse and reflective of the person being supported and their changing needs.
Job Type / Category
The Support Worker position is worked in shifts which vary with the needs of the people we support. Most of the positions are part-time and operate on a bi-weekly basis.
We are recruiting generally for permanent positions but term positions are also available. Most shift times start at 3pm during the weekdays and weekends are worked on a biweekly rotation.
*St.Amant provides a competitive benefit package as well as comprehensive paid training.
Required Skills and Qualifications
A Support Worker must:
- Have a valid 5F Manitoba Driver’s License in good standing
- Ability to obtain CPR and Emergency First aid certification
- The ability to read, write and speak English fluently is necessary. Fluency in French is an asset but not required.
- Familiarity with basic computer use- Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of person centered supports and the Vulnerable Person’s Act would be an asset
- Knowledge of ASL and/or experience with adaptive communication devices would be an asset
- Embody St.Amant’s core values of Collaboration, Hospitality, Excellence and Respect
- Be a team player with a positive attitude
- Be able to troubleshoot difficult situations with the ability to make mindful and timely decisions
- Be able to be creative and resourceful and work independently with limited direct supervision
- Be flexible to adjusting priorities when responding to changing needs
- Have a strong sense of integrity and accountability
St.Amant is a comprehensive resource for Manitobans with developmental disabilities, and autism. We are a not-for-profit organization that offers a wide range of programs and services to support individuals and their families.
The Community Residential Program is the only accredited program in Manitoba that provides supports and assistance to adults and children who have an intellectual disability in their homes.
Support Workers are the foundation of a team that promotes respect, independence, self determination, community participation and integration for the people we support.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $14.95 /hour
- Manitoba 5F (Required)