Please review the following information. Failure to provide the information below will result in delays in considering your application further.
- Applicants must complete our application form found at https://www.cedarrim.com/resources/join-our-team/ in addition to submitting your resume through Indeed
- Ensure that your personal email is included on your application form and your resume
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid work permit in order to be considered for this position
This is a very physically active position and requires the successful candidate to be able to lift, bend and stand for long periods of time.
The successful candidate must be able to lift up to 30 pounds and this position works in all types of weather (cold, rain, snow, heat).
Key requirements for the position are:
- Knowledge of trees, shrubs & perennials is required
- Minimum of 2 years recent (in the last 5 years) retail experience
- Knowledge of landscape design is an asset
- Completion of courses/program in Horticulture is preferred. Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
General Role & Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting homeowners & landscapers with the selection & purchase of plant material based on their specific requirements
- Keeping the retail sales yard clean & organized
- Ensuring all plant material has signage by daily checks of the yard and greenhouses
- Merchandising of products including plants, shrubs, trees, pots, fountains
- Various other duties may be assigned as required
- Cedar Rim Nursery operates 7 days a week from February through late fall. All applicants must be flexible and be available to work week days, weekends and stat holidays
- Part Time Hours: minimum of 15 hours per week
- Full Time Hours: will be up to 40 hours per week
Contract length: 7-8 months
Application Deadline: 2021-01-29
Expected Start Date: 2021-02-08
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: From $17.50 per hour
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees and customers safe during COVID-19 we have installed plexi glass barriers at all cash and customer service stations. Hand sanitizing stations are provided throughout the store. Masks are mandatory in the retail sections of the store.
- working with trees, shrubs & perennials: 2 years (Preferred)
- Retail sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place