Join An Organization That:
- Believes in, practices and invests in participatory leadership.
- Delivers on a patient and client centred approach to care and has some of the highest patient satisfaction rates in Ontario.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership and has a diverse, talented inter-disciplinary team who believe in treating each other, our clients and our partners with respect, dignity and compassion.
- Provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in our client’s lives by meeting the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each person
The Patient Relations Specialist is responsible for key elements of the patient, family and visitor experience through activities including, but not limited to, providing timely, empathetic and respectful first line response to sensitive external stakeholder feedback coming to Patient Relations and relating to the care and experience of patients, families and visitors of any of Providence Care’s sites and services. This role is the point of contact when patient safety incidents warrant a centralized corporate liaison; and ensures the patient and family voices are at the table during a formal incident analysis. Acting as an organizational resource for the development of corporate capability related to patient and family feedback management and people centred care and engagement strategies; monitoring and reporting on related metrics and best practices; and interacting with Providence Care Experience Partners (PCEPs) are all important aspects of this role.
- Degree in a healthcare field; health administration; or in a related field with an acceptable combination of education, training and experience required
- A Regulated Health Professional preferred
- Certificate in patient relations, adult education, change management, Quality Improvement and/or law preferred
- Completion of Patient Safety training an asset (e.g. Canadian Healthcare Association, Risk & Safety in Health Services Certificate Program, Canadian Patient Safety Institute Patient Safety Trainer) an asset
- Minimum of 3 years of patient relations or patient experience role in a formal capacity in a healthcare organization require
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive and recent clinical experience in an interdisciplinary environment in a public hospital, long-term care home and/or Community service preferred
- Experience working in a setting that provides mental health services is as asset
- A combination of relevant education and recent related experience, may be considered
- OPRA Membership preferred
Working and Living in Kingston
Looking for a city with an unbeatable lifestyle – amenities of a larger city, access to the outdoors, short commute times and essence of a small community? Kingston has everything you could want and more. Conveniently located in SE Ontario, Kingston is halfway between Toronto and Montreal, a two hour drive to Ottawa, and minutes to the 1000 Islands Bridge to the U.S.
Reference ID: 21-436
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $73,612.50-$86,619.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program