In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of PHSA safety, including both patient and employee safety, is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA’s Agencies/Divisions/Services, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to Quality Assurance (QA) Team Lead, the Quality Assurance Tester develops, facilitates and completes a wide variety of test cases and test scripts and performs functional testing related to the development, deployment and sustainment of the provincial PROMIS application. This role works collaboratively with all members of the PROMIS team and with end users across the province and is responsible for preparing testcases referencing requirements, execution of integrated and end-to-end functional testcases and log defects for functional issues.
- Develops test cases and test scripts from project requirements, business requirements, design documentation, workflow processes, test plans, with guidance from QA Team Leads.
- Executes and/or coordinates smoke testing, system integration testing, regression testing, end-to-end testing and user acceptance testing (UAT) in support of test plans.
- Creates QA data for testing purposes.
- Documents test results using HP Quality Centre, logs, and tracks defects, and participates in bug review processes to identify priorities and remediation strategies. Communicates defects/issues to the QA Team Lead and works closely with the lead and with other teams as required to resolve defects. Prepares reports on defects and problems that arise during test cycles.
- Maintains the Regression Suite by revising test cases and test scripts in accordance with changing business requirements, and revised test plans.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Health Information Science, or related field, plus two (2) years recent related experience in Quality Assurance or Functional testing.
Demonstrated experience providing thorough, accurate, and detail-oriented approach to testing, documentation, and communication. Proven manual testing work experience, preferably in health care domain. Demonstrated experience working with HP Quality Centre and/or JIRA. Knowledge of Automation using HP Unified Functional Test and working knowledge of Performance testing is beneficial (though not mandatory). Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Experience with producing test plans and test scripts. Experience working closely with technical and business analysts. Knowledge of SQL, UML, XML, Web Services, and HL7 v2/v3. Well versed with standard testing processes and development lifecycle.