AGLC is looking for dynamic professionals to join its growing Information Technology Division. Would you like to work in an environment that offers a change of pace, diversity, and work life balance? Are you looking for an organization that will value your experience and allow you to contribute to its innovation and modernization agenda? Then you have come to the right place!
The Enterprise Solutions branch within the Information Technology Division provides Application Lifecycle Management services for all business systems within the AGLC. This position requires a deep level of expertise in all phases and aspects of application management, which includes software development, support, maintenance and integration of business systems. This position will work with internal and external stakeholders on the planning, estimating of resources and timelines, and working with other teams within an agile environment.
This role provides technical support related to AGLC business systems either directly to users of the systems or for service delivery teams. The primary focus of this position is to engage AGLC stakeholders and external vendors in the support and coordination of AGLC application solutions. This role will be required to understand and identify business requirements and communicate effectively the risk and/or impacts to downstream systems. In this position you maintain an understanding of eCommerce, web page design and integration technologies. The successful candidate will be extremely adaptable and able to learn new technologies quickly to maintain a technical expert advantage.
An additional responsibility of this position is to provide leadership and accountability for project work packages for information systems initiatives as assigned by the Team Leader. This position is capable of managing all areas of responsibility independently, within the parameters of the specific assignments provided by the Team Leader.
- A minimum of a University Degree in Computer Science or related discipline plus 5 years related experience.
- A minimum of one year progressive experience leading technical projects within a specific discipline.
Demonstrated experience with the following will be considered assets:
- Designing and developing enterprise grade software systems using Enterprise Application Integration patterns. Deep understanding of integration patterns, concepts, and integration platforms.
- Working with eCommerce and Integration platforms.
- Working with Microsoft SQL server, Object Oriented Programming (OOP) & design patterns, HTTP RESTful Services and Java (J2E and J2SE) development.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in an Agile (Scrum) environment.
NOTE: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
NOTE: To be eligible to work for AGLC, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible to work in Canada. As a condition of employment you will be required to obtain a security clearance prior to employment.
To learn more about AGLC and to view the complete job posting, please visit our website at aglc.ca.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $69,049.00 to $94,808.00 /year
- working with eCommerce and Integration platforms.: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft SQL server, Object Oriented Programming (OOP) & de: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in an Agile (Scrum) e: 1 year (Preferred)
- leading technical projects within a specific discipline.: 1 year (Required)
- working with HTTP RESTful Services and Java (J2E and J2SE) d: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)