Real Programming 4 Kids has provided an elevated computer science education through the use of video games in 4-on-1 classes since 1998! Our program offers 18 week programs year-round in addition to 1-2 week summer camps, and we need your help educating our students!
Come join a diverse team of goal-oriented individuals and help take RP4K to the next level! Join us as a Online Game Programming Instructor and teach students 7-17 in 1-2 week half-day Summer Camps over July and August.
The job: Online Game Programming Instructor
The pay: $18.00 per hour
The hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
RP4K is actively hiring for July and August Summer Camp programs, offering up to 32.5 hours per week. Instructor hours are determined by candidate availability and course demand. Your shift would take place during the listed hours.
Here are just a few ways you will make a difference:
- Connect with students using Zoom to provide classes lasting 1-2 hours each week for 18 weeks
- Teach Computer Programming Languages such as Java, Python, C#, C++, and more in online interactive lessons
- Educate students on Computer Science topics and principles with a focus on Object-Oriented Programming
- Build the games designed by RP4K and then help students customize in small classes of max 4 students to 1 instructor
- Provide feedback on the progression of students to assist them with their learning goals
- Work with other elements of Real Programming 4 Kids including our Sales Team to help secure returning customers
An RP4K Online Game Programming Instructor conducts classes during our scheduled shifts, working with students to build a game designed by RP4K. When students have successfully completed the course material available, instructors are encouraged to help their students customize the games.
RP4K Instructors typically teach a limited selection of courses based on their expertise, however additional opportunities for training with new tools and languages are available. RP4K instructors are experts in development, and can not only help utilize debugging features to assist students in solving problems, but also teach students to debug their own programs as they progress.
This position is ideal for candidates looking for relevant game development experience using modern industry tools such as Visual Studio, JetBrains suite of programming tools, Processing, Unity, and even Unreal Engine. Work with internal and external programming frameworks to create games.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant College or University degree in progress or complete
- Has a strong understanding of game programming fundamentals
- Strong attention-to-detail and rigorous focus
- Independent worker and ability to self-start
- Patience dealing with children between the ages of 7-17
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
An ideal Computer Programming Instructor is someone who is:
- Has previous experience working with children in a technical or non-technical environment
- Has strong programming fundamentals and experience with Java, Python, C#, or other programming languages relative to game programming
- Confident and outgoing in a virtual setting
- Encouraging, energetic, and motivating during long sessions
- Knowledgeable, dependable, and reliably available
Computer Programming Instructor responsibilities are:
- Provide directed computer science education through our existing course format and content
- Manage a small class setting of up to 4 students to 1 instructor
- Utilizing screen-sharing software (Zoom) to provide assistance, direction, and educational content
- Lead students through our existing course material, and customizing the game in the remaining time after the material is complete
- Use RP4K communication tools regularly to perform basic administrative tasks (course recommendations, behavior reports, absence requests)
A Vulnerable Sector Police Check is required for this position. Instructors will be reimbursed for their Vulnerable Sector Police Check on the condition that they successfully complete their assigned RP4K Classes in good standing.
All instructors are paid for 15 minutes before and after each scheduled day to attend our check-in and check-out meetings, or to perform any additional administrative tasks.
All Applicants should be prepared to provide at least 2 references prior to the interview stage.
Contract length: 3 months with training
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Work from home
This position is completely remote.
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings