PLEASE APPLY THROUGH WORKDAY AT https://mcgill.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/mcgill\_careers/job/James-Admin-Bldg/Administrative-Assistant--Government-Relations-\_JR0000028321
Reporting to the Senior Director, Government Relations and working in collaboration with Senior GR Advisors, carry out the following key responsibilities:
- Assist the Government Relations team in the development and maintenance of partnerships with federal, provincial and municipal governments in support of the academic mission and the strategic priorities of McGill University.
- Anticipate and deliver support (schedule, logistical arrangements, travel) to allow the GR team to operate optimally and maximize the potential to advance McGill’s government and partner relations portfolio.
- Plan schedule with a view to prioritizing events and meetings; juggle and defer meetings as required when urgent matters arise; refer some requests and inquiries to other offices for prompt attention and response and ensure follow-up on these.
- Manage the logistics of campus visits by elected officials and government representatives.
- Organize events, luncheons, receptions as needed.
- Understand the multiple issues and files the senior director and GR team are involved with and make time-sensitive and proactive decisions about how these may be advanced within a demanding schedule.
- Work in close collaboration with others in the Communications External Relations (CER) Unit, as well as other offices within the University.
- Through regular contact with other University offices (Principal’s Office, Provost’s Office, VPs, Deans, Deputy Provost, etc.) and team members, manage the flow of information to the director and GR team on matters related to ongoing meetings and activities, and ensure that items requiring immediate attention are addressed by the senior director in a timely fashion.
- Follow up on numerous action items related to events and meetings. Ensure that documents and correspondence are prepared in a timely fashion.
- Draft/review correspondence, briefing notes, project reports and other documents as requested by the senior director.
- Process financial payments and expense reports in accordance with McGill policies and procedures.
- Create, implement and maintain a comprehensive, integrated record-keeping system for both physical and electronic files.
- Take on additional related tasks/projects at the senior director’s request.
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in French and in English.
- Strong professional writing ability.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and peers.
- Sound judgment, discretion, integrity and tact.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,210.00-$78,310.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montréal, QC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Administrative: 3 years (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-07-11