Central West Specialized Developmental Services (CWSDS) is a leader in providing residential, community participation supports and specialized services, assessment and treatment to individuals who have developmental disabilities, dual diagnosis, and/or challenging behaviours throughout the municipalities of Halton, Peel and Dufferin, and the regions of Waterloo and Wellington.
As a specialist in the field of developmental disabilities, CWSDS has experienced continued growth over the last five years. We currently employ over 300 staff covering a wide range of disciplines including clinical specialists such as Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Medical Doctors, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Pathologist, Board Certified Behaviour Analysts; Developmental Service Workers and Community Resource Workers. Our support team comprised of human resources, finance, maintenance, housekeeping and a comprehensive management team round out our organization.
We are currently looking to hire Residential Counsellors Overnight Awake, part time and full time, who will be responsible for:
- Providing supervision to clients during the night time hours, including but not limited to hourly bed checks and walkabouts within the house.
- Supporting the individuals’ goals.
- Providing night to night direct care and support to residents’ needs, including assisting with personal hygiene, bathing, toileting, and providing first aid when required.
- Dispensing and administering medications.
- Ensuring safety and security of individuals.
- Completing household duties such as laundry, cleaning, meal preparation and counts.
- Ensuring accurate and up-to-date documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Developmental Service Worker Diploma, B.A. B.Sc. in Psychology or related Social Services or equivalency.
- Minimum one year of experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilities and challenging behaviours.
- Experience working overnight shifts an asset.
- Pharmacology, First Aid and Advanced Safe Management certifications are required.
- Ability in the use of Behaviour Modification skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A valid G class Driver's License.
Hours of work:
Par time: 27-30 hours per week, including every other weekend
Full time: 80 hours bi-weekly, including every other weekend
All of our permanent full time and part time positions are entitled to benefits including pension plan, extended health and dental, life and long-term disability insurance.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Central West Specialized Developmental Services will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We thank all applicants for your interest in our organization but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $21.42 /hour
- working in the developmental services field: 1 year (Preferred)