Founded in 1967, we are a privately owned and operated Canadian company with a strong culture of commitment, trust and transparency. We harness the best and brightest minds to provide tailored solutions whilst creating unique avenues for continued professional development.
We are guided by a set of ethical values of Respect, Loyalty and Trust and a commitment to excellence, which define us and guide our organizational conduct.
Your Responsibilities In This Role Will Include
- Overall responsible for; the accounting team (team of 7) , accurate monthly combined financial statements, the security and maintenance of the accounting system
- In conjunction with the other departments in the company, manage the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts; and reporting of major variances on a monthly basis
- Establish and maintain compliance of all Internal control guidelines, policies and procedures for cash and credit management administration and other accounting policies
- Up to date on all changes to accounting regulations to ensure compliance
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and professional standards.
- Guiding Financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policy and procedures
- Provide support to management, for commercial and financial matters.
- Plan for and lead the annual external audit and reviews
- Lead customer internal audit inquiries
- Work with and provide support and guidance to all members of the accounting team to ensure success and knowledge transfer
- Manage the implementation of a new financial ERP system;
- Assist Director of finance with preparation of quarterly financial information required for Board of Director Committee;
To Be Successful In This Role, You Will Need
- CPA designation (CMA, CGA, CA)
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Advanced Excel, and ERP systems experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Detailed and Deadline oriented
- Self-motivated, proactive individual, able to work independently in a team environment
- Proven management and team development experience
- Strong understand of Internal Controls, accounting processes and procedures
- Experience working in a diverse, multi-company environment;
- Strong analytical skills, capable of solving problems;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and growth environment;
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities;
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- CPA designation (CMA, CGA, CA) (Preferred)