Pickering Casino Resort is seeking an Auditor!
Don’t miss the opportunity to join One Toronto Gaming’s new Pickering Casino Resort Finance team!
This exciting career opportunity at the new Pickering Casino Resort is seeking dynamic individuals with a drive to succeed, strong financial background; responsibilities of this role will align with the position of Auditor upon opening of Pickering Casino Resort.
This position is responsible for reviewing and balancing gaming revenues and volumes while contributing to a safe and welcoming work environment for all team members. Under the general direction of the Manager, Audit, this position will be responsible for the audit of the casino operations at the site level. The duties will vary from preforming various paperwork audits and producing exception reports and the overall controls to ensure compliance with gaming regulations. While performing various casino audits, the Auditor ensures adherence to all policies and procedures, motivates and leads by example and provides learning opportunities while establishing a safe, efficient and welcoming work environment for all team members. This role will interact and partner with departments on a regular basis.
Pickering Casino Resort is slated to open in early 2020 and will feature a number of gaming and dining options, while the second phase will include a full scope of entertainment amenities and hotel offerings. Once complete, the Pickering Casino Resort will include a casino, hotel, entertainment centre, and multiple food outlets, providing an eclectic mix of adventure, culture, cuisine, and entertainment.
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
· Helps create an engaged work environment by choosing positivity and fun, recognizing excellent peer performance, and by caring about and supporting our colleagues every day;
· Participates in the implementation of the departmental strategic plans;
· Review, enter and balance daily gaming revenues;
· Distribute revenue reports to management and regulatory bodies;
· Reviews cage close-outs;
· Communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments;
· Builds strong working relationships with guests and team members;
· Performs a meter audit, includes all the meters which effect revenue calculation;
· Computes a Main Bank paperwork, progressive machine, Voucher liability, Hand Pay Jackpot, Soft Count, E-Fund free play audits;
· Audits all areas of the casino using written check-lists and audit procedures;
· Compute totals and prepares the end of day revenue calculations into spreadsheets;
· Investigates unusual occurrences and variances and reports them to team leader;
· Prepares exception reports for errors and violations of internal controls and gaming regulations or team established SOPs;
· Files all documents and computer reports for future reference;
· Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, ownership, regulatory bodies and team members;
· Contributes to a team of engaged colleagues who care passionately about the business, site operations, and delivering a great guest experience;
· Anticipates operational and service issues before they escalate, trouble-shoots and resolves guest concerns before they are complaints;
· Ensures compliance of Audit with policy and procedures, legislation, health and safety and other statutory regulations and programs including AGCO;
Performs other related duties as assigned/required
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
· Post secondary education or suitable combination of continuing education and strong experience;
· Experience in casino operations an asset;
· Ability to exceed internal and external guest expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication;
· Commitment to continually increase knowledge of our products and services in order to offer exceptional experiences to our guests;
· Willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development;
· Computer fluency in MS Office;
· Proven ability to prioritize work in an efficient and organized manner;
· Strong analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills;
Demonstrated high level of judgment, tact, diplomacy and confidentiality in interacting with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Pickering Casino Resort candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours of work will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
One Toronto Gaming accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources of requirements in advance.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Auditing: 1 year (Preferred)