Job Description: Wine Experience Associate
Interested in working with a dynamic and professional team in an exciting winery environment?
The Wine Experience Associate role is an integral part of the Tasting Room team and requires a hardworking individual that takes pride their work and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You must be able to work with a team and take direction well from your colleagues and be an ambassador to the Poplar Grove brand.
· Welcoming guests and providing them with an exceptional tasting experience.
· Speaking knowledgeably about Poplar Grove vineyards, varietals, history, and products.
· Working with the Tock reservation system and Wine Direct POS.
· Keeping the Tasting Room clean and tidy.
· Behaving and communicating professionally and respectfully with your colleagues.
· 2 to 5-day work week
· 6 to 8-hour shifts
· Competitive wages plus gratuities
· Opportunity to progress into other roles at Poplar Grove
· Eager to learn
· WSET 2 (or equivalent) or higher
· Previous experience in wine sales an asset
· Serving It Right certification
· Able to stand for extended periods and lift/carry up to 20kg
Contract length: 5 months
Part-time hours: 15-40 per week
Expected start date: 2021-04-15
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Wine Sales: 1 year (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place