Location: Sparwood, BC
Closing Date: September 30, 2021
Are you passionate about people? Join our Central Recruiting team today!
Reporting to the Coordinator, Recruitment, the Recruiter is responsible for working with our Central Recruiting and Human Resources teams to support hiring initiatives. This position will begin as a temporary contract and have potential to become long term.
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone with outstanding problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills, who is comfortable with public speaking. Someone who is organized, has exceptional attention to detail, and can work with integrity to professionally manage confidential material. The ideal candidate can work independently, as well as collaborate with a team, and is able to prioritize contending demands in a fast paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, enthusiastic, and collaborative team of professionals dedicated to providing outstanding candidates to fill vacancies across our operations.
Join the team from a remote setting or in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone. Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Utilize the full recruitment lifecycle to ensure the highest quality of candidates are placed
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with Hiring Managers and Human Resources
- Maintain computer based applicant tracking system and tools
- Assist with our nationwide Campus Recruitment Program, conducted at post-secondary institutes across Canada
- Assist with high level sourcing strategies, including Search Engine Marketing, print, online, social media, coordination of career fairs, and industry events
- Travel daily and for extended periods as required
- Ensure recruitment activities are carried out in compliance with Canadian law
- Degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related field
- Minimum three years demonstrated ability in a recruitment role in an industrial environment
- Strong digital literacy and proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite®
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
Job Type: Full-time