Sales Generalist – Temporary Full Time
Exciting opportunity with our Customer Service and Sales team! Utilize your Inside Sales skills to help fulfill UL’s Safety Mission!
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
About the Position
Under direct supervision, the Inbound Sales Representative responds to inbound requests and sells company products to customers via telephone or electronic inquiries. Must be able to close the sale on products, systems, and/or services. Acts as part of a sales team, and supports professional sales staff. May sell lower-tier products, supplies, and components. May also be involved in order fulfillment, post-sales, or administrative related activities.
What You Will Do
· Support incoming and outgoing mail.
· Reviews inbound email inquiries and routes them to the appropriate sales teams.
· Develops and sends out quotations for specified categories of leads using standardized pricing tools, and booking orders.
· Facilitates service delivery resource allocation by entering sales contracts into databases.
· Performs follow-up of sent quotes and turns them into orders while meeting financial commitments.
· Communicates with customers to assist in the completion of requests.
· Perform other duties as required.
If you have the below, we would like to hear from you
· Bilingual (English/French) both written and oral would be an asset.
· Higher Secondary Education and three years of related experience.
· Demonstrated ability to use various PC-based software packages for moderately complex word processing, graphics, and spreadsheets.
· Demonstrated ability to respond appropriately to customer needs.
· Strong communication skills are required.
· Requires in-depth knowledge of sales processes (i.e. people, systems, and processes).
· Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Team Player.
Join our Sales Team and make a difference!
Apply at UL Careers: http://ul.com/aboutul/careers/
Please reference Job ID: 2020-18168
Underwriters Laboratories of Canada supports the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Human Rights Code in our recruitment process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.
Reference ID: Job ID: 2020 - 18168
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $40,000.00-$42,000.00 per year
- Sales : 2 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19