SMS Equipment offers rewarding careers in the heavy equipment industry across Canada. As the largest Komatsu dealer in North America, SMS Equipment gives you the opportunity to represent world-class quality in our product offerings and customer service. A few of the many benefits of working with SMS Equipment include: competitive wages, comprehensive group benefits plans, and RRSP matching.
At SMS Equipment, safety is our number one priority. Our successful candidate is intrinsically motivated and committed to making safe choices, when completing all tasks.
Time Capture Clerk
Reporting to the Payroll Supervisor, the Time Capture Clerk provides administrative support services as they relate to the service functions within the Branch. Responsibilities are carried out within well established and clearly defined policies and procedures. Duties include: processing time cards into the business system and validating time entered.
- Enters all time cards for hourly union employees and hourly paid supervisors into the business system
- Ensures branch KPI’s are met (ie, Suncor onsite time cards are entered as set by the branch)
- Verification & balancing of hours, including peer review of time entered for accuracy
- Ensures all reflective hours to employees follow the terms of the collective agreement
- Follow-up with branch supervisors on timecard issues (ie, time cards not authorized or incomplete work order or segments)
- Running all audit related reports as necessary to ensure each employee has all hours accounted for (paid and non-paid hours for tracking)
- Ensures per period checklist is complete and approved by supervisor
- Answers routine employee queries and liaise with Edmonton Time Capture Clerks regarding pay and timecards
- Maintains electronic folders containing scanned timecards
- Reporting, per pay period and monthly.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations.
- Provides other administrative duties as assigned.
- Typically requires a Grade 12 diploma and some office experience in an industrial environment.
- Good/excellent computer skills (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, and internal department electronic systems) to access and update electronic records.
- Good/excellent verbal communication skills – providing and/or exchanging information with internal and external resources.
- Good/excellent skills in time management, work prioritization, and attention to detail.
To apply for this position or to see other Career Opportunities, please visit our website at https://www.smsequipment.com
Job Type: Full-time