Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Moncton, NB
Date Created: Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Southampton Computers is looking for an experienced Computer Network Technician.
But, we’re not just looking for any technician. You are a technician with tenacity. A problem-solver with personality. A well-rounded individual that likes to get the job done right … the first time. You genuinely like working with people and you love working with technology. Your experience gives you the tech chops and confidence to find the right solution that our customers need.
If you’ve been there, done that and are still interested? Read on …
Some key responsibilities of this position include:
- Connect with customers to address questions and resolve issues.
- Install, configure, and test client servers, workstations and equipment.
- Administration of desktop, laptop, and peripherals and associated softwares.
- Apply operating system updates, modifications and configuration changes as required.
- Conduct remote and on-site problem determination and analysis.
- Verify and diagnose network and infrastructure issues.
- Assist customers in resolving their issues both remotely and onsite.
- Document in detail activities carried out as well as technical information collected.
- Maintain network/site environmental diagrams and other documents required to properly capture client system(s) functionality.
- Troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks and computer workstations and peripheral equipment.
- Comply with internal controls and policies as applicable.
- Perform data backup and recovery as required.
- Provide advice and technical guidance to end users and technical resources.
- Responsible for the use of the site ticketing system to record all problems, incidents and changes, ensuring accurate internal and resolution notes for each ticket.
- Maintain knowledge of remote access products.
- Stay current on the latest technologies and network configurations.
- Assist with account management activities.
- Communicate in an open, helpful and engaging tone.
- Focus on finding the right solution for each customer’s situation.
Still interested? Perfect! Keep reading ...
We think at least some experience in the following is necessary:
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting, replacing, and configuring hardware, including PCs, mobile devices, servers, and other networking equipment.
- Strong knowledge of Endpoint OS such as Windows Operating Systems, Mac OS X, iOS.
- Strong knowledge of common client-side productivity application suites (Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365 environments, Sage, Adobe, etc.).
- Physically capable of lifting and carrying packaged computers, monitors, and other equipment.
- Working knowledge of network topology and remote access devices.
- Some knowledge of database technologies is an asset.
- Able to assess a situation quickly and help arrive at the best beneficial resolution for all parties involved.
- Ability to handle and organize multiple incidents and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, details, correctness and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with peers, clients, and other vendors.
- Strong ability to work within a team environment.
And a few last things we’re looking for:
- A college certificate or diploma in information technology and/or relevant experience and industry certification (MCP, MCSA, CompTIa A+, Network+, etc.).
- A minimum of 3+ years experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
- Must possess a valid Canadian Driver's License to travel to client sites as required.
- Provide an RCMP Criminal background check.
- Bilingualism would be an asset (French and English).
We offer a positive working environment with competitive wages, RRSP matching, and health benefits.
From time to time, the position may require some flexibility and travel outside of regular business hours. In addition to general flexibility, technicians will be required to be available for on-call, after-hours support on a rotating schedule. Current schedule is one week out of every 6-8 weeks (but may be updated as required).
If this sounds like you, we want you to apply.
Make sure your cover letter describes your past experience and how it relates to what we are looking for in this job posting.
We thank you in advance for applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Hiring Company: Southampton Computers
Position: Computer Network Technician
Locations: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Care
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care