Join Our Team!
The Granite philosophy of uncompromising quality is showcased in its state-of-the-art athletic facilities, world-class events and programs for all ages, delectable dining experiences and personalized services, each tailored to suit the varied needs and desires of its diverse and sophisticated Membership.
The Granite Club is Canada's premier private Members' family, athletic, recreation and social club. Located in north Toronto, we offer our 11,000 Members the highest standard of facilities, programs and services.
We strive to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated individuals with a passion for providing exceptional service. We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and extensive benefits.
Fitness Coaches at the Granite Club are responsible for providing proper exercise technique and guidance to our membership, supervising the gym floor and taking blood pressure readings. If you’re a positive, outgoing team player with a passion for health and fitness, join the Club!
- Responsible for the safety of all members in the facility.
- Supervision of the gym floors.
- Promote events, programs, classes and any Fitness, Group Exercise or Specialty initiatives.
- Engage with members and develop meaningful relationships
- Provide outstanding customer service to our membership.
- Maintain a cleanly environment which includes tidying up the gym space to ensure equipment and accessories are in proper locations, re-filling cup and wipe dispensers, tidying up newspaper and magazine shelves.
- Providing tips on exercise and technique and ensuring that Members are performing exercises correctly.
- Administer blood pressure readings and recording data.
- Various administrative tasks including monitoring the front desks, understanding Me2 Facial Recognition, staying up to date with policies and procedures, daily documents that need to be filled out, checking e-mails, answering phone calls and checking voicemails as required.
- Assistance in training of new staff.
- Punctual opening and closing of facility, utilizing appropriate security procedures and departmental standards.
- Degree or Diploma in fitness/health related area of study from a recognized college or
- Minimum two years active experience in the fitness industry.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Professional disposition.
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Team and service oriented, enthusiastic, co-operative, reliable, creative, well-groomed.
What you can expect from us:
- Must be available to work weekends, weekdays and/or holidays, AM and PM.
- Healthy and delicious complementary daily food offerings in our Staff Caf.
- Complimentary indoor parking
- Exciting and diverse Employee events for both Staff and their friends and family
- Discounted Goodlife Fitness and GTA yoga studio memberships
- An Employee Wellness Program focused on both physical and mental health
- Exciting discounts on the Club’s retail and spa products and services
- Employee amenities including a comfortable Employee resting lounge, Employee on-site gym, free wi-fi and Employee computer stations
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Granite Club policy, a condition of employment is to perform a criminal background check and a vulnerable sector search demonstrating a satisfactory criminal record prior to commencing employment. The Granite Club is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided based on the information you provide to the Granite Club Recruiter.