The Stock Keeper is responsible for material handling activities associated with daily warehouse operations. They will receive, issue and stock inventories in appropriate inventory storage equipment while ensuring inventory data integrity is properly maintained and customer order requirements are processed on a timely basis per the Company’s performance objectives. In this role, the incumbent has daily contact with Mold-Masters employees at all levels to exchange information about requested orders, supplies and work in progress. Recording of components and products must be labeled appropriately.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Pick, package and transfer requested inventories on a timely basis through the use of the Remstar Vertical Stocking Units
- Issue tools and supplies to plant employees as required
- Manage tooling requirements in the existing Vending Machines
- Perform related administrative duties as required by the stockroom procedures and policies
- Utilize SAP for basic inquiries, update inventory levels while processing issues and receipts
- Conduct inventory counts (daily cycle counts) as required
- Report inventory discrepancies to the responsible staff
- Perform trouble shooting as required
- Assemble tool and hydraulic kits for stocking, production requirements (ie. Hot Half & Assembly dept.) and customer requirements
- Adhere to and upkeep the ISO Quality guidelines for stockroom responsibilities
- Make recommendations for productivity and/or method improvements
Key resources: other people and/or capital and equipment:
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for timely delivery of scheduled parts and orders.
The incumbent in this role will be responsible for functional decisions regarding the daily picking and issue of spare parts (post-sales), system orders and issuing of stock parts and tools.
Minimum (Required) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of three (3) months of equivalent training / experience in a stockroom manufacturing environment
- Experience with computer software is required. Exposure to SAP / ERP is preferred but not a necessity.
Other required level of technical and/or practical judgment to perform the work:
- Experience with inventory management tools
- Ability to read / interpret documents such as work orders, pick lists / packing slips, purchase orders and operating / maintenance instructions is necessary.
- Ability to work within a team environment and communicate well while working with minimal supervision.
Milacron is a global leader in the manufacture, distribution and service of highly engineered and customized systems within the $27 billion plastic technology and processing industry. We are the only global company with a full-line product portfolio that includes hot runner systems, injection molding and extrusion equipment. We maintain strong market positions across these products, as well as leading positions in process control systems, mold bases and components, maintenance, repair and operating (“MRO”) supplies for plastic processing equipment. Our strategy is to deliver highly customized equipment, components and service to our customers throughout the lifecycle of their plastic processing technology systems.
Effort and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and / or sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee regularly lifts and/or moves up to 15 pounds, may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and rarely lifts and/or move more than 30 pounds to a maximum of 50 pounds.
The incumbent in this role will work in the Production Plant. Time spent working in the Production Plant may mean exposure to coolants/oils; noise level is moderate; safety boots, hearing protection and eye protection are required; the working area is climate controlled.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Secondary School (Required)
- Georgetown, ON (Required)