In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position. Reporting to the Physician Quality Lead, the Analyst is a key member of the Cardiac Sciences Program, employed by the Pediatric Cardiology Associates. This position provides information extraction, reporting, synthesis and analysis support to the Physicians of the Cardiac Sciences Program. The Analyst is an internal consultant, providing information and support to projects identified as priorities for achieving organizational goals and improving quality.
· Provides analytical support to cardiac sciences services initiatives, often as components of larger projects, in collaboration with Physician and Project leads.
· Extracts and manipulates complex datasets using database, spreadsheet and reporting tools, often drawing from multiple, complex datasets. Prepare items such as graphs, tables, presentations or reports to present data and highlight trends and variances. Applies knowledge of data classification methodologies and information management to present actionable knowledge to Cardiac Sciences program.
· Adds value to existing data through the cleansing, analysis and integration of data and provides assistance and support to Cardiac Sciences in monitoring and interpreting data sets, trends and variances. Prepares and presents reports and presentations to a variety of clinical and administrative audiences. Conducts special projects and studies as assigned by the Physician lead of Quality.
· Performs reviews local practice and evidence base, as well as data from other programs, guidelines, protocol, publications and other “best practices”.
· Assist in reporting, presentation and analysis of clinical outcomes quality data from a variety of datasets.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences, Science, Health Information Systems, Data Management, or Information Technology and one (1) years’ experience in related field.
Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in quality methodology, data analysis, manipulation of large databases, assessing and improving data quality/validity. Experience in collecting, verifying, analyzing, interpreting and reporting large-scale datasets. Competency in database, spreadsheet and statistical analysis software (e.g., Access, Excel, SPSS) and other software programs (e.g., Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint). Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to locate, extract, synthesize and present information. Demonstrated ability to work independently and take self-initiative. Demonstrated knowledge of statistical analysis and research methodologies. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English. Ability to participate in multidisciplinary groups in a collaborative environment. Ability to work effectively with others interdependently as part of a team and understanding the perspectives of other disciplines.
How to Apply
Please send CV and cover letter to Michelle Legaspi
Salary commensurate with level of experience. Range 50-60K per annum. Plus benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)