We are currently recruiting for qualified Mark IV Tampers across Canada. This job will require travel throughout multiple cities in your province with the possibility of other cities in your part of the country. For example: if you are located in BC, you will be working throughout BC and possibly Western Canada when needed. If you are located in ON, you will be working throughout ON and possibly Eastern Canada.
WHO WE ARE:
York Railroad Construction Inc. is a full-service contractor for the railway industry. Our mission is to deliver safe, cutting-edge, and environmentally sustainable maintenance and construction services to railway track owners and operators across Canada. A career in the railway industry is dynamic, challenging, and most importantly, rewarding. If you’re looking for a safe, inclusive, and exciting work environment with excellent opportunities for development and advancement, apply today!
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of the railway industry
- Responsible for various administrative tasks in regard to production reports, timekeeping, etc.
- Perform general labour with crew as required
- Responsible to ensure compliance to all York Railroad Construction Inc. and customer safety policies and procedures
Between physical labour, heavy machinery, and emergency repairs, railway maintenance and construction can be a tough environment. This is why, at York Railroad Construction Inc., we look after our crew and take the time to carefully train and prepare you for life on the tracks, with the following additional perks:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Paid safety and hands-on job training
- Career growth opportunities
- Challenging projects and learning environment
- The opportunity to work with a team where safety is an integral part of our culture
York Railroad Construction Inc. pays competitive market rates based on experience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to produce a driver’s abstract and insurance claims history
- At least 2 years’ railway experience
- At least 1 year Mark IV Tamper operator experience
- Able to pass all required railway operating rules examinations
- Must pass eRailsafe Canada workforce compliance system
- Able to pass pre-employment medical and drug screening
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work unsupervised as well as in teams
- Able to work all types of shifts as required
- Able to work in various weather conditions all year round
- Working knowledge of basic computer skills
- First Aid and WHIMIS are assets
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote work locations as required
- Ability to maintain York Railroad Construction’s safety guidelines and policies at all times
Interested candidates are asked to apply through the website. Please ensure your work history is included by attaching your updated resume or filling out the previous work history section in the application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place