BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. provides its customers, who conduct life-saving medical procedures for patients around the world, the benefit of decades of experience in the development, manufacturing, packaging and delivery of medical isotopes and radiopharmaceuticals. Headquartered in Kanata, Ontario, BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. employs over 150 highly-skilled people in Kanata and Vancouver, British Columbia. BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. is part of the BWXT nuclear power segment (NPG) of BWX Technologies, Inc.
Junior Production Technician
We are recruiting for a Junior Production Technician for our facility in Kanata, Ontario.
The Junior Production Technician must have the ability to learn, understand and implement Medical Isotope process procedures as well as procedures pertaining to radiation and industrial safety.
- Routinely perform duties related to the processing of highly regulated products within the Medical Isotopes production area.
- Perform the complete production process cycle which consists of material, equipment and facility preparation, product processing, order dispensing, product packaging, process documentation and execute emergency shutdown procedures.
- Perform general housekeeping and other related duties as required.
- Normally, candidates must have a minimum post-secondary graduate (3 years) education or related experience in an appropriate science discipline and approximately 12 months experience in radioisotope production.
- Work with manipulators: therefore the candidate must have good grip strength to move materials around behind a lead glass window on a frequent basis and full range of motion of fingers, wrists, elbows and shoulders.
- Be able to push and pull hand carts with an initial and end force of up to 25kgs on an occasional basis.
- Be able to safely lift up to 5kgs on a frequent basis and 10kgs on an occasional basis.
- Have good vision either corrected or uncorrected.
- Be able to stand for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Must be able to remain in a clean room for potentially up to 3 hours at a time.
- Shift work and overtime requirements.
BWXT ITG Canada Inc. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended or any other category protected by federal law.