Job Title: Parts Advisor
Position Reports to: Parts Manager/Complex Parts Manager
Summary of Position:
The Parts Advisor receives and processes orders in person, by telephone and/or e-mail using the Delta Power Equipment computer database and parts catalogues as necessary. He or she will be tasked with advising clients on the most appropriate part for their specific needs; handling inquiries about part function, pricing, applications, warranties; and locating in-stock items or placing orders with suppliers upon request. The Parts Advisor prepares and maintains the sales order master file, customer lists, and purchase orders with receipts and makes routine decisions according to company policies and guidelines. Other responsibilities will include ensuring the cleanliness, safety and accessibility of the store for customers and employees. The parts counter team also acts as the information booth personnel for customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage inventory and order parts and works to meet customers’ needs.
- Provide information regarding parts including their function, prices, applications and warranties.
- Locate the needed parts or service and any related parts or service which customers might be interested in.
- Maintain ongoing current knowledge regarding which parts are in inventory, require reordering or must be specially ordered.
- Assist the manager in resolving discrepancies between the computer inventory and the actual parts available in bins.
- Obtain the information needed to place special orders and ensure that the correct parts are sent.
- Issue all parts and supplies to technicians and record transactions on the appropriate Work Order.
- Must research the availability of certain parts, either within the retail facility or from other sources as necessary, and must be able to search part numbers using the computer or standard catalogues.
- Maintain working knowledge of seasonal requirements for parts and of requirements for parts that arise as a result of recalls or specials in the Service Department.
- Provide customers with information about accessory parts and specials.
- Take orders for parts by telephone, technician counter, retail counter and wholesale accounts.
- Help to ensure that aged inventory levels remain low.
- Assist in conducting regular physical inventory counts.
- Maintain documents, files and records (e.g. tracking online shipping, equipment transfer forms, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing materials and reliable resource information.
- Guide customers to appropriate personnel within the complex.
- Take detailed messages for Sales Department when they are out of office.
- Answer phone calls and take appropriate messages between 8:00am to 5:30pm on weekdays and 8am to noon on Saturdays.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- A general understanding of farm equipment systems and parts.
- Experience and knowledge in Electronic Parts Catalogue is a must.
- Ability to use inventory information on a computer screen and locate parts by checking parts numbers and locating them in the bins.
- Great understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Overtime as required.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 lbs frequently.
- Work is performed in a combination of environments.
- This position may be exposed to elements such as noise, dust, odours, fumes and oils.
- Flexibility with time (lunch breaks, breaks, overtime, weekends)
Compensation will depend upon experience.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in starting an exciting career with us, please apply by submitting your resume toemployment(a)deltapower.caand indicate the position you are interested in.
Get To Know Delta:
Delta Power Equipment is a full service equipment dealership providing sales, service and parts support at 9 locations with 250 employees across Southwestern Ontario. Delta Power Equipment is looking for people who are passionate about agriculture, equipment, customer service, and who want to make a difference in the lives of our customers. If this sounds like you and you take pride in a job well done, contact us today!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- English (Preferred)