POSITION: Manufacturing Technician
LOCATION: 90 Belfield Rd, Toronto, ON
WORK HOURS: Day & Afternoon Shift ______________________________________________________________________________________________
About S&C For over 60 years S&C Electric has been in Canada, as both an industry and community leader. We are committed to developing our highly motivated team members and recognize their success and achievements. S&C is proud of our commitment to the environment. With our ISO 14001 certified manufacturing facility, our logo is not the only thing that’s green!
Come join our team of over 350 members who develop, design, manufacture and support a wide range of solutions and products designed to help keep the lights on! Please see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNbLwEfVg6E&feature=youtu.be for testimonials of current team members on their experience of working at S&C.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Technician who will report to the Supervisor – Manufacturing and Tooling. The successful candidate will support production processes to ensure that deadlines are met and production lines are running smoothly.
Provide support to production areas including, but not limited:
- CNC programming of Trumpf and Mazak machinery
- Tooling and fixture design, welding fixtures, machine shop fixturing
- Engineering change orders and routings
- Troubleshooting machines
- Programming and tool design
- Problem solving and assisting with continuous improvement initiatives
- Other related tasks as assigned
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
- Diploma in mechanical engineering, engineering technology, manufacturing, or a similar field Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to read engineering drawings
- Tool design, CAD, and CNC programming
- Experience in sheet metal manufacturing, machining, and machine shop is a strong asset Familiar with fabrication and assembly equipment and processes
The Manufacturing Technician will have an eye for detail with excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills. Additionally, the candidate will be resourceful and adaptable and must be able to build strong customer relationships in this role.
Why Work for S&C Electric Canada Ltd. Integrity, enthusiasm, sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our team. S&C supports these qualities with a strong package of pay and benefits including a defined benefit pension plan, Success Sharing (bonus) plan, 3 weeks’ vacation, paid holiday shutdown, flexible benefit options, seniority recognition program, employee assistance program, excellent education and training programs, a challenging work environment, and broad opportunities for advancement.
S&C Electric Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, S&C Electric Canada Ltd. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform S&C Electric Canada Ltd.’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Job Type: Full-time