WHY JOIN ROOTS?
Roots is not only a brand, it’s a culture and lifestyle. We look for dynamic individuals who are not only interested in retail and fashion, but who enjoy challenges and share our vision for a safer, cleaner, healthier planet.
In addition to our customers, an intrinsic part of our success has always been the people who work here. Roots is a company in which you can grow and benefit from the great opportunities often available. All members of our team are encouraged to ‘spread their roots’.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
The Planner will develop merchandising strategic plans, set financial plans by category and class monthly and weekly, aligned with Store planning to deliver budgeted growth. Generate reports and maintain monthly financial updates on sales and inventory for all distribution channels. Create financial plans and manage inventory. The Planner will be responsible for forecasting and inventory management, which will include reacting to current business trends. **This role is a one year contract.**
To be successful, you’ll need to possess:
- Diploma and/or Degree in Business.
- 3+ years retail planning and merchandising experience.
- Experience with retail merchandising systems & merchandise planning systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Team oriented with strong leadership skills.
- Strong analytical, organizing and problem solving skills.
- Ability to facilitate orders and projects.
- Shows initiative and strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
THE IMPACT YOU'LL HAVE
This is an opportunity to shape our company’s future by:
- Creates seasonal departmental plans by incorporating Company strategy set by the Director of Planning and Buying Team.
- Manages OTB and reviews with Planning Director\Buying Team to propose strategies to maintain sales, markdowns, turns, IMO% (percentages) and GM $ (amounts).
- Provides quantitative analysis to understand the business trend and ultimately support the plans and forecasts and proposed strategies.
- Creates store sales plan for the department based on historical data, trend and assortment matrix.
- Creates cluster plans working in conjunction with the buyer to create an assortment buy plan.
- Ensure data integrity flowing into the Planning system using Roots Analytics Tools and Reports to verify.
SOUND LIKE YOU? APPLY NOW!
We’d like to thank everyone who applies, but we can only contact applicants who are most qualified.
Roots Corporation offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.