Western University delivers an academic experience second to none. Western challenges the best and brightest faculty, staff and students to commit to the highest global standards. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application. Western attracts individuals with a broad worldview, seeking to study, influence and lead in the international community. Since 1878, The Western Experience has combined academic excellence with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social and cultural growth in order to better serve our communities.
Established in 1964, the Department of Computer Science at Western has developed strong academic and research programs to become one of the leading establishments in its field. Our faculty are the recipients of many teaching and research awards. We are home to a vibrant and dynamic department with much to offer to undergraduate students, graduate students and visitors.
For more information visit:
The Proctor will assist instructors with administering exams, including written tests, multiple choice, and tests completed electronically. The incumbent will distribute exams, review student cards to confirm they match the name on the exam and belong to the student presenting the card, and will oversee the students as they complete their exams. Once the exams are completed, the incumbent will collect each one, ensuring that all required forms are collected back from each student as applicable, safeguard the exams and submit them for marking.
- No Degree, Diploma, or Professional Designation required
Skills, Abilities & Expertise:
- 1 year of experience providing customer service
- Detail-oriented with an ability to function and process information with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to employ a systematic and efficient approach to work
- Ability to confront issues or situations in an objective manner
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a manner that models best practices in confidentiality standards
- Ability to apply critical thinking to evaluate information and make appropriate decisions
- Ability to maintain a positive, outgoing attitude with genuine customer service orientation
- Computer skills with the ability to learn and use software programs
Applying at Western
To ensure that your application is given full consideration, please complete all relevant sections of the application. In addition, you can choose to supplement your application with a cover letter and current resume.
Consideration of applicants will include an assessment of previous performance, experience, and qualifications. Applicants should have oral communication skills in English.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.