Foremost is a large and diverse industrial manufacturer. We specialize in equipment for oil & gas, mining, construction and waterwell markets and have grown to be one of the largest vacuum truck manufacturers in Canada. In early 2019, Foremost acquired the operating assets of Steel Craft Inc. and JTL Industries, leading to the addition of ULC Fuel Tanks and Agriculture Grain Bins to Foremost's product line. With multiple locations in Alberta, a solid reputation dating back to 1940, over 500 employees and a unique depth of expertise Foremost is a company with great people, great products and a great future. We have adapted, invented, and evolved all of our products with a view to make them more useful and profitable for our customers. For more information about Foremost, visit www.foremost.ca/about.
Do you have a previous experience in a manufacturing environment?
Do you have working experience in tank fabrication?
Do you thrive in a customer service role and go above and beyond to exceed customer expectations?
If yes, we have an immediate opening for a full-time Plasma Operator located at our facility in Lloydminster, Alberta. The Plasma Operator will be responsible for the operation of equipment for the manufacture of various products and will ensure all work performed adheres to all organizational standards as well as safety regulations and guidelines. This is a labour intensive position requiring individuals to perform repetitive tasks and stand for long periods of time.
As a Plasma Table Operator you will:
- Operate Plasma Cutter
- Operate Overhead Crane
- Follow all production procedures as instructed
- Perform all work to organizational standards to ensure final product meets quality standards
- Perform quality inspections
- Determine and report product and equipment malfunctions to the appropriate authority
- Assure the daily and weekly production schedule is adhered to
- Ensure all equipment is operated according to equipment manufacturers instructions
- Ensure safety guidelines are followed
- Prepping parts after burn with hand grinders, load/unload parts tumbler
- using hand tools, grinders, deburring, cleaning finished parts
- Material handling and pieces using lifting devices as required
- Regular general labor duties as assigned
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Previous experience on a Plasma cutter preferred
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Willing and able to follow specific instructions
- Ability to use basic power tools required
- Good communication skills
- Welding experience viewed as an asset
- Blueprint Reading
- Problem Solving
Foremost offers flexible work arrangements, promotes from within and provides a challenging and rewarding work environment. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive and respectful work culture that engages our employees. Here you will develop, you will be challenged and you will contribute to building a legacy. Come talk to us about your future at Foremost!
How to Apply
Please send resumes to:
Human Resources, Recruiter – Please reference Indeed posting for email details
When applying please quote: Plasma Table Operator
Deadline for submissions is:
Job Type: Full-time
- Plasma Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Lloydminster, AB (Preferred)