Reporting to the Director of Recreation and Leisure Services, assists in developing, coordinating and implementing, programs, special events and volunteer services in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures. Leads residents’ recreational and physical activity programs, provides stimulating activities to individuals on a one to one basis or in a small group. Reports on resident participation, changes or progress and any additional information pertaining to the implementation of programs.
· A recognized diploma/degree from a community college/university relating to recreation and/or gerontology. Demonstrated leadership abilities with comprehensive knowledge of activation and health care practices as related to long term care.
· Two years experience working with the elderly or disabled adults in an activation role. · Member of the Therapeutic Recreation Ontario and/or Activity Professionals of Ontario.
· Must possess current CPR and First Aid, a Safe Food Handling and Smart Serve certificate.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and be eligible to be insured under the corporate liability insurance policy.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Recreation And Leisure (Required)
- English (Required)