Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community. Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Reporting to the Manager, Transportation Long-Term Planning is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the Transportation Master Plan to meet current and future needs of the Region in an affordable and sustainable manner; monitoring and reviewing provincial and municipal plans, policies and guidelines and the Region’s Strategic Vision and Official Plans and preparing responses to address transportation impacts; developing, recommending, implementing and evaluating viable, strategic policies to meet identified Branch needs as it relates to delivering transportation services; researching, evaluating and testing policy and program development concepts; developing quality assurance and risk management policies and planning objectives; promoting collaboration within and between project teams; and preparing reports and briefing materials for senior management.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Civil, Transportation Engineering or Planning or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current registration with a recognized professional planning or engineering organization.
- Minimum three (3) years’ demonstrated experience in all aspect of transportation planning and in quality and project management and including demonstrated minimum of one (1) year of direct supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of transportation planning, environmental assessment and master planning principles, concepts, practices, methods and legislation, in the Greater Golden Horseshoe context and roles of different levels of government.
- Demonstrated knowledge of transit systems, roads planning, transportation demand management, travel demand modelling and forecasting and sustainable transportation principles, concepts, practices, methods and legislation.
0830 - 1630
How to Apply
Please apply online by December 10, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$107,874 to $126,846 annually