COVID 19 update - BC Medequip is considered an essential service by the B.C. Ministry of Health, Vancouver Coastal and Fraser Health and we are actively hiring during this time.
We continue to provide products and services in all the communities in which we serve. We also value the health & well-being of our employees. We continue to monitor all aspects of our business and adjust our protocols as necessary on a daily basis.
BC MedEquip a Premier mobility and Home Medical Equipment company. We are a leading supplier of wheelchairs, hospital beds, patient lifts, mobility aids and home accessibility. We are expanding and searching for great people to join our Team. We are looking for caring individuals who bring the following skills: Positive Attitude; Works within a Team environment, Works independently; Attention to detail; Organization skills to meet deadlines; willingness to learn and be part of this growing company, clear and concise communication skills both verbal and written.
The Home Medical Equipment installer, repairs and delivers durable medical equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Delivering, setting up, adjusting and installing durable medical equipment within a home and/or facility when required. This equipment includes wheelchairs, hospital beds, lifts. Moderate lifting is required.
- Trains/educates customers and caregivers in the proper use, care, and safety of equipment purchased or rented. Performs minor fitting and adjustments of equipment.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing of medical equipment in the field and shop.
- Preparing all necessary paperwork accurately and following certain procedures. Completing vehicle checklist as required.
- Driving service vehicles in a safe and courteous manner throughout the GVRD
- Maintaining a clean, safe and organized workplace environment including delivery vehicle, shop and warehouse.
- Clean and maintain rental inventory
- Technical Training (provided by company)
- Follows all safety procedures as required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office, Internet and email
- Technical skills: knowledge and experience with mechanical and electrical systems
- Listens well and retains instructions; accepts constructive feedback from supervisor.
- Requires pushing, pulling, including occasional lifting of 100 lbs.
- A strong work ethic and outgoing positive attitude
- Can work independently and problem solve when issues arise
- Must have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills and detail oriented
- Competent to perform the Services in a healthcare setting
- A valid BC driver’s license and acceptable drivers abstract,
We believe that people should be recognized and rewarded for their hard work, dedication and excellent performance. B.C. MedEquip has several programs to recognize accomplishments within the company and the communities we serve.
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and skill set with a top-performing team
- We offer competitive benefits ( Health, Dental, Vision travel, disability insurance)
- Room to grow within the organization
- Ongoing coaching and paid training programs
- Weekday Monday to Friday 9 to 5.
- Fun culture
- Paid overtime
Wages are negotiable based on your qualifications and related experience. Please send us a cover letter and include your expected wage
Please note only candidates chosen for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$26.00 per hour
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Store Discount
- mechanical/technical: 2 years (Preferred)