We are looking for a strong Staff Software Developer, who will have an opportunity to design and develop Hybrid Walmart.ca App, Scan & Go in-store app and any other future apps team will build. As a Staff Software Developer, you will also evaluate use of different strategies to build the app and consider Hybrid, React Native and Native strategies to build new features. You will also work closely with Product Owners, UI/UX, and other senior engineering team members to define the future architecture and system design to support new business needs. #LI-SN1
- Design and develop scalable and performant architecture for multiple mobile teams.
- Able to understand, diagnose and then solve deep technical and performance issues across the platform.
- Build proof-of-concepts to validate architectural and design choices and evangelize those technical choices to other teams.
- Able to dig deeper into Hybrid, React Native and native Android/iOS codebases.
- Able to understand future business goals from Product Owners and make sure architecture and system design can support those goals.
- Actively participate in Code Reviews and, in growing and coaching of fellow team members.
Canada Walmart Division
BA/BS/MA/MS degree in Computer Science or closely related field or equivalent practical experience.
8+ years of software development experience.
2-3 years working with Hybrid apps which includes React Native, Cordova or any other Hybrid App approach
Experience working with native iOS or Android platform is a huge asset
Solid understanding of building RESTful APIs.
Ability to clearly and effectively communicate at all levels from development to executive levels.
A history of open-source contribution is an asset.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.