Garson Immigration Law is an immigration firm located in Toronto. The firm is led by David Garson, an immigration law specialist ranked among Canada’s top immigration lawyers. Garson Immigration Law regularly advises international corporations on their large-scale immigration needs and works with individual clients to find effective solutions for their personal and business immigration challenges.
We are currently seeking an experienced immigration lawyer or paralegal to join our team. We are a small, collegial team that works closely together and places high value on client service and quality legal work. The candidate must be able to prepare a wide variety of Canadian immigration applications, both temporary and permanent, and be familiar with the required processes for submitting applications at the port of entry, inland case processing centres, and overseas visa offices.
This is a contract position (1 year) with a July 2021 start-date.
· Independently manage a large and varied volume of temporary and permanent residence applications for corporate and individual clients, including defining case strategy and preparing, submitting, and monitoring applications post-submission
· Advise clients on COVID-19 related travel restrictions and quarantine requirements, and prepare applications for applicable exemptions (including for specialized technicians, essential workers and national interest exemptions)
· Ensure all client correspondence is addressed in an effective and timely manner
· Complete eligibility assessments and conduct consultations
· Manage client relationships
· Research and stay informed on all relevant legal and procedural requirements and new developments
· Effectively manage competing timelines and prioritize work appropriately
· Admission to a Canadian provincial bar is a strong asset
· 2+ years of Canadian immigration law experience, preferably in corporate immigration
· Experience preparing a variety of temporary residence applications, both for the port of entry and through the visa office, including work permits (Intra-company transfer, NAFTA, FTA, Reciprocity, Significant Benefit, LMIA), business visitor entry, visitor visas, study permits, and temporary resident permits
· Experience preparing a variety of permanent residence applications, including Express Entry, PNPs and Family Sponsorship, as well as citizenship applications (grants and proof)
We offer competitive compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to: David Garson
Reference ID: Lawyer/Paralegal
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 2021-06-30
Expected start date: 2021-07-05
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $60.00-$110,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Work from home
Most employees work from home and socially distance when on premises.