LOCATION: Maple Ridge Seniors Village
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Administrative Coordinator and/or designate, the Receptionist/Scheduler will be responsible for all aspects of reception and office procedures. The Receptionist/Scheduler is also responsible for adjusting schedules (filling vacant shifts) due to sick call-ins, vacations and leave of absences, etc.
Include but not limited to;
1. Coordinates shift coverage due to short calls (less than 24 hours notice); thereby, filling the vacancy (due to sick calls, etc). Following established facility guidelines/procedures.
2. Organizes and maintains the functions of the reception desk.
3. Answers and transfers all telephone calls in a pleasant, friendly, and helpful manner. Takes message if necessary. Ensures a return call (to caller) if person is not available.
4. Greets and communicates with all residents, guests, staff, volunteers, and visitors in the facility in a courteous, professional manner.
5. Follows policies and procedures of the facility.
6. Assists the Administrative Coordinator in resident billing, invoicing and payroll as required (if necessary due to vacation or other absences).
7. Responsibility for the booking of any rooms for meeting/training.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Grade 12.
2. Graduation from a 12 month Secretarial/Administration program.
3. 2 years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
4. Computer literate with intermediate or advanced Excel and Word.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to type 45 wpm.
2. Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
3. Knowledge of general office procedures.
4. Ability to manage high volume of work and manage several tasks at once.
5. Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Scheduling: 2 years (Required)
- Receptionist: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Secretarial / Administration (Required)