Currently seeking an Administrative Assistant experienced in the insurance and investment industry to provide support in a wide variety of ongoing administrative operations. We operate a boutique loft-style office in the light industrial area of Newmarket and are looking for a dynamic personality that is a match for our unique team. The ideal candidate is highly motivated to be an active participant in the growth of the firm, a quick learner, with a focus on providing outstanding client service.
What will you do?
- Administrative support for two Sun Life Financial advisors
- Follow up on client service matters with clients, head office, and back office administration
- Monitor and respond to advisor’s e-mail; Proactively manage email inboxes, triaging urgent requests and at times responding to external/client needs on behalf of the advisors
- Manage all aspects of the advisor’s calendars to ensure meetings are prioritized with internal and external clients/business partners
- Preparation of account documents and follow up of settlement and delivery
- Maintain client management applications with updates of client files and process in service cycle
- Schedule portfolio reviews
- Prepare client review materials, correspondence, and reports
- Utilize contact management system for daily task management and client record-keeping
- Assist in filing and preparing mailings (electronic and otherwise)
- Project management for events such as seminars and client appreciation
- Fulfill all other administrative duties such as answering calls, monitor and organize supplies, maintain office organization
- Manage advisor business social media Facebook pages
- Post-secondary education
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to perform with professionalism and poise
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with a team as well as independently
- Able to be proactive and take initiative
- Keen attention to detail
- Relies on experience and judgement to make decisions
- Highly organized and effective at owning tasks and prioritizing them
- Experience as an administrative assistant
- Experience in insurance and/or investment industry: 2 years
- Proficiency in “Salesforce” client management system
What’s in it for you?
- A friendly working environment
- Being part of a team that offers the best experience by doing what is right and caring for our Clients
- Opportunity to expand your knowledge and skillset with an established firm
- Income bonuses that reflect performance and goals achieved by the team
- Full-time regular work schedule of Monday to Friday
- Immediate availability
Priority review will be given to those with a cover letter. How would you be a good fit for this role with our firm?
The cover letter can be submitted with your resume or separately.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $33,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
- Insurance and Investment industry: 2 years (Required)
- Administrative Assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Newmarket, ON (Preferred)