Intelligent City is a technology-enabled and platform-based urban housing systems company, bringing transformational innovation to architecture and construction. Through the convergence of high-rise mass timber, design engineering, prefabrication, automated manufacturing and parametric software, the company is introducing a sustainable, adaptable, and product-based paradigm for the delivery of buildings.
Based in Vancouver, BC, Intelligent City’s mission is to empower people to live better urban lives. We are innovation leaders in urban housing, carbon neutrality, social sustainability, and building technology, and continue to gain broad municipal and government support for “Platforms for Life”, our housing systems platform. Our company recently closed a venture capital funding round and is currently working on several projects in the Pacific Northwest with constructions planned to start in 2020.
We strongly believe in collaboration. We are a team of architects, designers and engineers made from ambitious, open-minded and motivated members with multi-facetted interests and qualifications. Together, we are creating a new kind of integrated company founded on design, sustainability and technology. We offer unique opportunities and bring together a diverse and highly skilled team of individuals from around the globe, united in the believe that technological innovation can enable an ecological, economical and socially sustainable future.
We are looking for a Director of Software Technology for our Advanced Computational Design Team. As part of our core R&D team, candidates will work on the development of a proprietary parametric software environment within third party software such as McNeel Rhinoceros and Autodesk Revit. Candidates with experience in either software development, computer science, engineering or architecture are encouraged to apply.
The development will focus on advanced computational design strategies, parametric modelling, and automated building information modelling. Team members will work closely with the architecture and systems development team to ensure that the company’s software solutions enable the design and manufacturing goals.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop the overarching software framework
- Lead the software development in relation to both the design process and the manufacturing procedures
- Lead the the development of custom tools built on commercial CAD and BIM applications
- Work in close collaboration with the design, engineering and manufacturing development
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Architecture or related areas
- Software development experience in C# and/or Python
- Professional experience with back-end and/or front-end programming
- Experience with computational design processes in architecture
- Experience with Git or Visual Studio
- Knowledge of 3D computer graphics and visualization
- Experience with BIM and CAD software
- Data-focused with an outstanding attention to detail, highly organized and rigorous
- Creative mind who can think and implement beyond the status quo
- Master’s in Computer Science, Architecture or related areas Experience in user interface development
- Experienced in robotic / machine programming
- Able to handle multiple initiatives while meeting all deadlines
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and high performance that values learning and a commitment to quality
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent, full time position with 40h per week
- Salary based on previous experience, seniority and annual performance review
- Canada offers universal health care. We provide extended health insurance for dental and vision.
- Main work language is English
We are looking for great people who have the skills and drive to help us to create a better world. We will offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and a fulfilling and exciting work environment within a great team. We want our work to be worthy of everyone’s commitment.
We believe that diversity is a key to success. Intelligent City does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, marital status or political affiliation. We have a zero-tolerance policy to any form of bullying, aggression or harassment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Vision Care
- Work From Home
To keep everyone at our company as safe as possible we have moved to remote work in March 2020. We are not planning to move back into our office until it is deemed safe to do so by the government and health experts.
- computational design: 4 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19