Title: Data Center Manager
Location: Drummondville, Quebec
About our Company
Cologix provides network and cloud neutral interconnection and colocation services in highly strategic and densely connected data centers. We enable customers to scale their businesses rapidly and cost-effectively by delivering flexible space, reliable power, and dense cloud and network connectivity to customers in the carrier, cloud, content delivery, media, financial services and enterprise communities. Our customers have direct access to our local operations teams, which result in strong partnerships backed by exceptional operational support and unparalleled customer service. With 35 Data centers in the United States and Canada, Cologix offers space, power, cooling, cross-connects and physical security for its customers. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado and have data centers in Columbus, Dallas, Jacksonville, Lakeland, Minneapolis, Montreal, New Jersey, Toronto, Vancouver, and Ashburn where we provide local dedicated support teams for our colocation and interconnection customers. Our company is backed by one of the largest North American Infrastructure funds and we have huge growth ambitions.
About the Position
Cologix is looking for a highly motivated individual who will lead, direct and plan Cologix’s 24X365 colocation and interconnection operations in Drummondville, Quebec. The Data Center Manager is responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of the colocation data center. Performs or delegates all tasks associated with the installation, acceptance, and maintenance of a variety of telecommunication equipment. Responsibilities for the Manager and the operations team range from installation of cabinets, equipment, cross-connects, power circuits, performing remote hands requests, and managing vendor maintenance of all critical infrastructure equipment. Project installation, testing and troubleshooting of telecommunication infrastructure components including, but not limited to, ladder rack, fiber guide, MDFS, IDFS, switches, routers, and related cabling is also required. This individual will be responsible for managing the team of technical staff to install customer space, power and interconnection services, assisting with capacity planning, and 24X365 critical infrastructure and network monitoring in accordance with Cologix’s Operations team overall mission and mandate as communicated by Cologix’s Operations Management. This individual will also be responsible for the following tasks: developing and implementing goals, objectives, and priorities as communicated by Operations Management; analyzing data and developing solutions regarding administrative, organizational and operational problems. This individual will be specifically accountable for all operational results (including: operations personnel and colocation and network assets) relating to his Data Center operations.
What you do daily
- Manage all aspects of the Datacenter operations
- Oversee the operations of a 24X365 data center, customer order installations, 24X365 customer access, 24X365 infrastructure and active and passive network equipment. Assist with capacity planning, continuous improvement metrics and management, and interact with advanced operations and technical equipment support engineers.
- Oversee that all procedures and policies are enforced
- Ensure that best practices are adhered to in areas of power, cooling, labeling, data cabling. Conforms to TIA-942 and BICSI standards
- Manage installs against aggressive schedules
- Validate that requests are handled in a timely manner and documented in the ticketing system
- Maintain detailed and up to date site documentation such as floor/cabinet layout, electrical panel inventory, etc.
- Be accountable for all interconnection services including installation, restoration, and maintenance of Meet Me Rooms, fiber optic cabling, fiber optic patch panels, CAT 6A STP cabling, CAT6A patch panels, MDFS, IDFS, and customer fiber optic and copper cross connects.
- Coordinate with multiple vendors for data cabling, cage builds, cabinet purchases etc.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving tasks
- Be responsible for the installation and maintenance of all mechanical, electrical, security (including security cameras) and fire systems and the installation and maintenance of passive DWDM systems, metro fiber optic cable systems and MPLS routers and switches.
- Manage and track capacity such as cabinet/space allocations, UPS and cooling plants loads
- Plan new customer installs including cage designs, cabinet assignments, power provisioning etc.
- Participate in the change management process to approve facilities maintenance tasks/MOPS
- Participate in regular facilities audits
- Manage to Cologix performance metrics and participate in Operational Reviews to achieve industry leading SLAs
- Participate in pre-sales tours and solutions designs for prospective customers
- Maintain high cleanliness standards throughout the Datacenter
- Communicate business decisions including the context and reasons behind same to direct reports
- Optimize opportunities and the efficiency of tasks set by appropriately assigning personnel.
- Evaluate overtime, shift-strategies and usage of contract employees
- Interact externally with customers, vendors, and peers requiring influence, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Interacts with different organizations, customers, vendors, contractors, and building management to provide a high level of customer satisfaction
- Evaluate plans and promote operational efficiency. Demonstrate a passion for continuous improvement utilizing LEAN/Six Sigma methodologies to improve customer experience, SLAs, colocation facility uptime and network availability
- Focus on power cost reduction opportunities including commercial solutions as well as power utilization reduction management techniques, particularly cooling efficiency improvements throughout the Downtown Montreal Cologix facility
- Ensure that all customer support and other Operations services meet or exceed established standards for quality and time.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent experience (reference given to Engineering and Computer Science Degrees)
Field of Study: Electrical, Mechanical and/or Operations, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or similar fields. Combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Good leadership and experience in supervising small teams
- Vast experience with Datacenter infrastructure such as generator, ATS, UPS, PDUs, Chillers, CRAC units, Dry Coolers, etc.
- Understanding of IT systems, Telecommunication equipment and cabling
- Ability to read and comprehend single line diagrams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English
- Microsoft Office software applications
- Trouble ticketing system, customer order, purchase order management, budgeting, and expense management.
- Microsoft Project or other construction project management software
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Cologix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance in applying for any of our open positions, please visit our Careers Page at Cologix.com.
Cologix is currently implementing the ISO 27001:2013 standards and anticipates achieving ISO 27001:2013 certification during 2021. ISO 27001:2013 certification and the Cologix portfolio of information security, information privacy and other industry recognized certifications represents our dedication to insuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of company and customer information systems and assets. At Cologix, information security is everyone’s responsibility. Cologix employees are responsible for:
- Understanding and following Cologix' information security, cybersecurity and privacy policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensuring conformance to all information security, cybersecurity and privacy policies, procedures, and standards.
- Remaining vigilant and reporting any suspicious activity or possible vulnerabilities, weaknesses, threats, or breaches in Cologix information security to company information security and privacy officers.
- Actively participating in Cologix’ efforts to maintain and improve information security.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Drummondville, QC (required)
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- Are you legally authorized to work in Canada?
- Data Center Management: 5 years (preferred)
- French (required)
- English (required)