About Across Boundaries
Across Boundaries provides equitable, inclusive, and holistic mental health and addiction services and support for racialized adults and youth aged 16 and older,across the Greater Toronto Area, working within Anti-Racism/Anti-Oppression and resisting Anti-Black Racism frameworks. Our progressive strategies are rooted in up-to-date research and active community engagement, which is implemented by our dedicated staff. We are committed to improving the quality of mental health and addiction care for racialized people. Across Boundaries is seeking a dynamic and experienced Manager, Operations and Administration to contribute to our mission of creating positive change in our community.
We are a dedicated team - passionate about the services we provide and the communities we serve. You are an ideal candidate to join our team if you are:
- An experienced results-oriented team player.
- Active in staying abreast of trends and developments in the industry, bringing this knowledge to your work.
- Equally passionate about the work that we do.
As an integral member of the Across Boundaries team, the Manager, Operations and Administration plays a vital role in the organization's success. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this position is a cornerstone in driving operational efficiency, aligning administrative functions, and ensuring compliance with the organization's vision and strategic plan. The Manager is tasked with leading human resources services, supervising a team of administrative staff, overseeing financial processes, and managing day-to-day operations with precision.
What You Will Do
- Oversee all aspects of the organization's HR functions, including recruitment, performance management, and employee relations.
- Develop and implement HR policies, procedures, and practices that adhere to employment laws and regulations.
- Facilitate smooth onboarding and offboarding processes, ensuring employees have necessary equipment, system access, and clear understanding of work policies.
- Take responsibility for accurate and timely payroll processing and administer employee benefits programs efficiently.
- Act as the organization's health and safety representative, liaising with management and unions to ensure compliance.
- Maintain meticulous employee records and personnel files, adhering to privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to staff on HR matters, payroll, benefits, and collective agreement inquiries.
- Ensure organizational compliance with the Collective Agreement, addressing grievances in collaboration with the Executive Director and legal counsel.
- Lead the hiring and onboarding of administrative team members and oversee the performance of the administrative team, specifically in finance and scheduling functions.
- Oversee accounts payable, receivables, and financial transactions performed by the administrative team, supporting the Finance Manager.
- Ensure compliance with financial controls, procedures, and liaise with auditors, tax advisors, and regulatory bodies for financial compliance.
- Offer guidance and support to the administrative team on various matters, including expense reporting and reimbursement processes.
- Manage day-to-day operations, including facilities, maintenance, supplies, equipment, and vendor relationships.
- Coordinate with program managers, assess operational processes for improvement, and ensure IT policy compliance, serving as the primary liaison for IT support and managing legal agreements and compliance requirements.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required.
What You Bring
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field; CHRP certification is an asset.
- Minimum three to five years of experience in operations, office and/or administrative management, facilities, and contract management.
- Minimum three to five years of progressive management experience including managing teams and driving operational excellence.
- Knowledge of and skills in implementing best practices in non-profit HR, handing employee related matters and experience working within a Health and Safety Committee.
- Exceptional administrative and project management skills, including a strong aptitude for managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience in oversight of budget preparation, management, monitoring, and reporting.
- Proficiency in Excel, payroll software, and database tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and make sound decisions.
- A commitment to fostering inclusive work environments.
What We Offer
Our total compensation package for this role consists of a salary of [$ 75,000- $ 80,000] per annum and a generous benefits package, which includes:
- 20 Vacation days
- 18 paid Sick days
- 5 paid Personal/Mental Health days
- 100% agency paid extended health, dental and vision benefits.
- Access to employee and family assistance plan and other paid leave that is not listed.
Across Boundaries is open Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm and Saturday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm. In addition to their regular scheduled work hours/shift, employees also work a rotational schedule consisting of evening and Saturday shift(s) approximately 3 to 4 weeks.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit a resume and cover letter with the subject line: Manager, Operations and Administration Recruitment to [email protected] by no later than 5:00 PM until September 29, 2023. We thank all those that apply for the position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. An eligibility list may be established for similar positions of various tenures and will be retained for a maximum period of 12 months.
We strongly encourage applications from members of Black and racialized communities and those with diverse backgrounds that may not meet all requirements of our job posting but have equally transferable skills for the role.
Across Boundaries is strongly committed to the principles of anti-racism/anti-oppression and resisting anti-Black racism and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from all racialized communities, diverse ethnic origins, religions, genders, LGBTQ++ abilities.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Should you require any assistance during the application process, please advise by emailing [email protected].
Being vaccinated for Covid 19 is an asset.
About Strategisense Consulting
Strategisense Consulting is a highly sought-after learning, professional development, and talent strategy firm committed to supporting individuals and organizations to deepen the quality of their thinking and evolve the way they work - ultimately enhancing resilience and overall impact. Services include customized and signature learning programs, leadership and team coaching, talent strategy, executive search, and leadership strategy development.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- York, ON M6E 2T5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- non-profit organization management: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-29