WAGE RANGE: $24.69 - $28.06
POSTING DATE: May 13, 2021
CLOSING DATE: May 27, 2021
LOCATION: 1299 Oxford St. E.
HOURS OF WORK: 8:00 AM – 4:30 pm Monday- Friday
Who We Are: London & Middlesex Community Housing (LMCH) provides 3,282 housing units across 32 properties to more than 5,000 people. Those who call LMCH home are a diverse cross-section of individuals including families, seniors, adults, and new Canadians, all of whom are living with limited income. At LMCH, we believe that housing is the foundation of a better tomorrow.
Mission: LMCH provides and maintains homes in a safe and supportive environment to meet the needs of the people we serve in our communities.
Vision: LMCH envisions healthy homes and communities in London and Middlesex. Leading by example, LMCH will help make a difference and positively impact lives using housing as the foundation.
1. PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Inventory Control Clerk, under the direction of the Manager of Portfolio Strategy Development, will primarily be responsible for maintaining an inventory of light building materials, tools, and appliances required in property management. The Inventory Control Clerk must possess the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, be comfortable using technology to track and manage inventory, and be able to prioritize and manage conflicting demands. This is a full-time, permanent, unionized position.
2. KEY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Source, order, warehouse, and maintain inventory control of light building materials, corporate signage, appliances, hand and small power tools in a corporate tool library setting.
· Maintain a min/max inventory control system.
· Work with procurement and management to identify and implement cost-saving measures.
· Work with maintenance personnel to determine inventory requirements for remote locations; prepare and deliver orders to various building sites; communicate with maintenance personnel as required.
· Submit orders to external suppliers, coordinate delivery of orders to the main inventory site, and communicate any existing or anticipated inventory supply issues to management.
· Execute paperwork associated with inventory control and distribution.
· Maintain and distribute Safety Data Sheets for applicable supplies.
· Inspect and verify incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off; reject damaged goods.
· Manually load and unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, and lifting devices.
· Make deliveries.
· Operate company vehicles.
· Other duties as assigned.
3. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Minimum 1-year experience in inventory control, warehousing, shipping & receiving or related experience.
· Must have a general knowledge of building materials and tools.
· Post-secondary education from a related program is preferred but not required.
· Attention to detail, highly organized.
· Computer literate, and willing to learn new software.
· Ability to use/develop or implement database systems.
· Able to work both independently as well as part of a team.
· Experience/Qualification in appliance repairs and maintenance is an asset.
· Experience in sourcing or purchasing tools and materials.
· Experience and knowledge of vehicle maintenance.
· Ability to reconcile receipts with expenditures.
· Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
· Demonstrated time management skills.
· High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
· High level of integrity and work ethic.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, have access to a reliable vehicle, and carry adequate insurance.
4. WE CARE PHILOSPHY:
The incumbent contributes and supports the overall culture and working environment of the agency by:
· Having a working knowledge of cultural, social, and demographic patterns relating to vulnerable priority populations.
· Committing to harm reduction and low-barrier service, as well as non-violent crisis intervention, de-escalation, and supporting citizens.
· Committing to work in a diverse, interdisciplinary setting.
· Understanding and being sensitive towards the belief systems of other groups, the complexity of those facing poverty, and their individual unique strengths and needs.
· Setting an example of a strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
· Experience in a public housing or social services environment is an asset.
· Working with diverse communities with sensitivity, creativity, innovation, language and cultural understanding in a non-judgmental manner.
· Must have a valid driver’s licence and clean driving abstract.
· Must have a personal vehicle available for use during business hours.
5. POLICE RECORDS CHECK and VULNERABLE POSITION SCREENING:
This position requires the successful candidate submit a current Police Records check from their local police service. A current LMCH employee who is the successful candidate for this position must also provide this document unless it is already on file and not more than one year old.
6. SALARY & BENEFITS:
Hourly wage range of $24.69 – $28.06 per hour with comprehensive health benefits and a defined benefit pension plan. Normal working hours are 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday to Friday.
Once you apply, we’ll review your resume and cover letter to determine if your skills and experience match the qualifications for the role.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps. If you move forward, the process may include an interview, written/practical test, and reference check.
Here's your chance to bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute to providing better homes and better neighbourhoods. When submitting your cover letter and resume, be sure to tell us about your skills and qualifications that are a match to those specified in the job posting.
A cover letter and resume must be received by May 27, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
Please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Human Resources Assistant
London & Middlesex Community Housing
1299 Oxford Street East, Unit 5C5 London, ON, N5Y 4W5
London & Middlesex Community Housing (LMCH) is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace that reflects the communities we serve.
We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities at all stages of the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Please advise if you require an accommodation during the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in London & Middlesex Community Housing!
Application Deadline: 2021-05-27
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.69-$28.06 per hour
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Inventory/Warehousing/Shipping and Receiving: 1 year (required)
- G2 or G Driver's License (required)