From everyday staples to gourmet specialties, Yummy Market is a European retail grocer located in the GTA that offers a unique shopping experience. In a true European tradition, our passion for wholesome, made from scratch foods combined with our commitment to offer the most appealing local and imported product selection for our customers is the driving force behind everything we do.
We are currently looking for the following position at our Maple/Vaughan location (1390 Major Mackenzie Drive West, L6A 4H6): FLORIST AND COUNTER CLERK (FULL TIME)
Our Florist will work primarily in the Floral/Health & Beauty Department to provide a superior and premium shopping experience for Yummy Market customers. This includes taking care of and preparing floral arrangements and live plants, promptly answering customer inquiries, offering product knowledge about health & beauty items, and guiding customers to find the products they need.
- Floral Design background/education
- 2 years previous working experience as a Florist, preferably in a Retail environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Posses the ability to handle high stress and volume of customers while maintaining a positive shopping experience for the customer.
- Availability requirements include days, evenings, weekends, & holidays
- Physical Demands: Stand for long periods of time; walk; frequent use of hands
- Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Thank you for your interest in joining Yummy Market. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time
- Florist: 2 years (Preferred)
- counter help: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Vaughan, ON (Preferred)