Alberta Counsel is currently seeking a qualified Researcher/Writer to become an integral part of our growing team. The selected candidate will play a vital role by providing research, writing, and client management support to our funding and government relations teams. Reporting directly to the VP of Corporate Development & Government Relations, this position offers an excellent opportunity for professional growth.
- Grant Research: Conduct in-depth research to identify grant opportunities from both government and non-government agencies.
- Opportunity Management: Efficiently monitor, track, and synthesize funding opportunities and their application requirements for various stakeholders.
- Proposal Crafting: Develop compelling grant applications, reports, submissions, and contribute to the coordination of Alberta Counsel’s printed materials.
- Strategic Insight: Review stakeholder strategic documents to gain a deep understanding of their objectives, programs, and financial needs.
- Proposal Excellence: Create high-quality proposals, narratives, applications, and supporting documents that meet industry standards.
- Data Analysis: Collect, analyze, and present qualitative and quantitative data to substantiate proposals.
- Collaboration: Establish and nurture collaborative working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Time Management: Exhibit strong time management and organizational skills to meet project deadlines effectively.
- Attention to Detail: Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail in all tasks and documentation.
- Innovative Thinking: Showcase the ability to think creatively, proactively follow through on projects, and anticipate project requirements.
- Project Management: Develop work plans, consistently meet deadlines, and adeptly manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Independence & Teamwork: Ideal candidates will have the capability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team. They should possess self-initiative, maintain a professional demeanor, and actively support and engage in a collegial and productive work environment.
- Preferred Qualifications: Previous grant writing experience is an asset, as is familiarity with the provincial political landscape in Alberta.
While a bachelor’s degree is valuable, it is not mandatory. We prioritize candidates based on their skills and dedication rather than formal education.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person