Express Employment Professionals, Saskatoon's top rated Staffing & Recruitment agency is searching for a Legal Assistant with Corporate experience. Our client is a very well respected legal firm in Saskatoon. This particular vacancy is available due to an upcoming maternity leave.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in Corporate Law.
Job Types: Full-time, Maternity Leave coverage
- Legal Secretary / Tech / Assistant Diploma is preferred
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience have as a Corporate Legal Assistant / Paralegal
- Proficient in Microsoft Word is a must
- Accurately typing more than 60+ WPM
- Excellent understanding for legal terminology
Responsibilities will include:
- Attend to online filings with Corporate Registries
- Prepare documents with respect to incorporations/organizations, name changes, Amalgamations, dissolutions, restorations, revivals. re-organizations. continuances and other transaction related documents
- Prepare and file documents for partnerships. limited partnerships. business and extra provincial registrations across Canada
- Prepare documents to change the registered office, issue and transfer shares. appoint and remove directors and officers. document dividends. share redemptions and other corporate resolutions
- Conduct minute book reviews and prepare documents to correct minute book deficiencies
- Prepare annual documents for Manitoba, Federal and extra-provincial entities
- Conduct and review corporate searches
- Respond to daily inquiries from counsel and clients and handle day-to-day corporate matters
- Update and maintain corporate records and minute books and ensure documents comply with the applicable legislation and are entered into the database
- Draft resolutions and related documentation for complex transactions, often on a time sensitive basis
- Prepare Reports and Statements of Account
- Be prepared to take on other responsibilities as required if this sounds like you.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at www.expresspros.com/saskatoonsk where you can fully complete and submit your application online or apply to this posting.
Salary: based on experience
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED.
Express Office: Saskatoon
236 - 3rd Avenue South
Saskatoon, SK S7K 1L9
If you are qualified and interested, we invite you to apply.
Only applicants with all the qualifications and submission criteria will be accepted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Corporate Law: 5 years (Required)
- legal assistant: 5 years (Required)
- Saskatoon, SK (Preferred)
- English (Required)