Software Developers will work closely with a highly skilled team to work on challenging projects and deliverables, including developing software for web based GIS applications.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle;
- Assist in the design and documentation at function capability level;
- Development of software features including coding, testing and documentation;
- Investigate and fix defects;
- Assisting in the maintenance of commercial releases;
- Tracking and reporting of assigned features; and
- Input to business development, project management, and other internal customers for areas of expertise.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master degree of Computer Science or Software Engineering;
- Experience with core C# and Java programming languages;
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server database;
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles;
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux);
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.;
- Experience with Apache Tomcat servlet container deployment;
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers;
- 3-5 years of related work experience in software development and testing;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills, as well as accuracy and attention to details;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Strong mathematical background;
- Knowledge of Waterfall or Agile software development principles would be an asset.
CarteNav Solutions, a PAL company, is an international leader in situational awareness solutions for the maritime, land and air environments. The company has established a reputation for providing high-value solutions that can be deployed on a wide variety of platforms for multiple mission types for government, military and commercial customers. With a hand on the pulse of innovation, CarteNav Solutions is always seeking to develop new solutions for complex needs and environments.
CarteNav is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent