Proudly Canadian, since 1972, Samco Machinery Ltd. has been a leader in custom roll forming manufacturing solutions and has grown from a one-man operation to having locations in Canada, India, Europe and South Africa. Samco is a growing company providing solutions for building/construction, automotive, HVAC and appliance industries. Our focus on getting the right people on board has contributed to our company success. We offer a team-oriented, fast-paced environment where employees can enjoy growth, opportunity and diversity.
Our workplace is a community where we foster the values of continuous learning, sharing ideas and knowledge. At Samco, our employees take pride in their contribution, their team and their company. We foster a culture of honesty and practice one simple every day rule: Attitude is everything.
If you enjoy an innovative work environment and thrive on delivering meaningful business contributions, then Samco Machinery Ltd. could be the right company for you.
We offer competitive salary & excellent group benefits package!
Reporting to the Fabrication Lead Hand, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for preventive and unscheduled maintenance of machinery, equipment and building structure.
This is a full time position on the day shift:
Monday - Thursday: 7:00AM - 4:30PM
Friday: 7:00AM - 3:00PM
- Perform scheduled preventive and emergency maintenance on CNC and manual machines and other equipment (Hydraulic presses, rollform lines, stamping presses, pneumatics, basic electrical)
- Perform mechanical and electrical upkeep and upgrading of the work environment and factory facilities
- Ensure that work is done to all provincial safety codes and regulations
- Assist outside contractors to ensure that work is performed and up to Samco standards
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications of equipment
- Prepare templates and sketches, as well as determining work processes
- Fit and assemble/disassemble parts using hand tools
- Troubleshoot press operation and set-up of pre-punch, post-punch and offline stamping tolls
- Follow all company health and safety policies, procedures and rules, including use or wear personal protective equipment as required; ensure all protective devices are used on equipment and report any defective equipment or protective device. Must perform all inspections, lock-out procedures as required and all accident reporting
- Contribute to team effort by working progressively in a team environment as project leader for fitter while respecting co-workers and work under ISO 9001 departmental processes and procedures, as well as Government legislated Health and Safety requirements.
- Work under minimal supervision to achieve effective results by reviewing the current situation, implementing company initiatives for continuous improvement and addressing areas of concern as they arise
- Work towards company goals by adhering to the company vision, mission and values
- Perform all other written or otherwise stated instructions as designated by your supervisor
- High school with some post-secondary technical training in mechanical and electrical trades
- Certificate of qualification as an Electrician: Construction and Maintenance electrician (license 309) and Industrial Mechanic Millwright license.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in industrial equipment maintenance
- Experience with the operation of a variety of CNC machines, presses, and other machine shop equipment is a definite asset.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical components and assemblies in machine tools, understanding how they work and how they are maintained, repaired, or replaced
- Ability to read mechanical blueprints, hydraulic diagrams, air schematics and electrical drawings
- Ability to use basic diagnostic equipment such as; voltmeter, precision machinery level etc.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have own tools
Samco Machinery Ltd. is committed to applying the principles and guidelines of the AODA and strives to provide services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process, unless undue hardship to Samco Machinery would result.
Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact via email and request to be connected with the appropriate HR Representative to discuss accommodation needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Industrial Equipment Maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- 309A Electrician: Construction and Maintenance (Required)
- 433A Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) (Required)